Create part in a new identity mission help

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Zachshreds
level0

Create part in a new identity mission help

Postby Zachshreds » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:51 pm

When i get past the log in screen and search for the person to change his/her stats it wont let me aka i need to be admin or logwrighter how do i get this to happen?
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Huh? What, exactly, is happening? What system are you logging into? When you login, what username are you using? What is the exact error message that you are getting?
Zachshreds
level0

Postby Zachshreds » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:54 pm

well im supposed to change someone from deceased to employed but when i type that in it wont change and when you first connect it says logwrighter and and admin are able to change the stats of someone
Zachshreds
level0

Postby Zachshreds » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 pm

thanks for not helping dumbfuck you could of just told me to goto the guide but other people helped me on that
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Back at you, dude. You didn't answer a single one of his questions. You could have said "I can't do this mission, help" and it would have been just as helpful.

mr_anonymous doesn't know every single aspect of the game and I only know which system you're (supposed to be) screwing with, I can't remember offhand if you start needing to deal with Proxy by that point (Answer: Yes and it's level 1) and I usually delete any save where I've made any serious progress.
What I do remember however is that the error message from the proxy security is pretty damned clear about it being the proxy locking you out so if you posted it, we'd have told you what to do. If you posted a different one, it meant that you used readonly instead of readwrite or admin or that you weren't even on the right system. You didn't even attempt to do your part in saying what you did, what you expected and what actually happened.

But it's OK. When you reach the age of 7 you'll understand that people will think and see with a brain and pair of eyes that are not the same defective products that you are using, having a set of these of their very own. Maybe you'll learn better English too.

And as for expecting us just telling you to just read the guide, get bent. It's the first result on Google, do it on your own initiative.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:21 am

Zachshreds wrote:thanks for not helping dumbfuck you could of just told me to goto the guide but other people helped me on that

So you ask a poorly phrased question, and I attempt to help by asking questions that, if you answer them, will allow me to give you additional information. Instead of answering those questions, you restate the initial post without providing any additional information. Then, about half an hour later, before I have had a chance to check the forums and see your reply, you attack me for trying to be helpful. Go fuck yourself.

Return to “Hints and Tips”