Frame a man for bank fraud - Stuck

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Uplink Agent Zeus
level0

Frame a man for bank fraud - Stuck

Postby Uplink Agent Zeus » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Alright. I play this game for like 1 hour right now and I accepted mission where I have to get some guy arrested. I did some hacking into a bank and broke their password, voice and decypher. And than I changed logs so it says that his IP connected as an admin, meaning he broke those defenses.
Then I went to GCD and added new crime ''Financial fraud''.
Then I tried to get him arrested but I couldn't, I get message:
''Authorisation rejected.
A suspect must have 2 prior cinvictions and must have broken parole before an arrest can be authorised remotely.''

So what do I have to do?

Sorry on my bad English! :roll:

EDIT: I succeded at giving warrant to arrest, found the way how xD

Anyway now I have another problem, it said he'll be arrested in next 3 hours. I fast fowarded time for like 2 days and when I try to reply to my mission giver I get auto-reply that he's still not arrested. What's wrong?
Oh.. and I checked news, they said that FBI arrested that guy but I'm still getting message by mission giver that he's not arrested. Could it be a bug or am I still doing something wrong?

And once again sorry on bad English xD
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:25 pm

you are doing it the wrong way, the GCD is used for arresting them, but it wont work for a specific crime.

Take a look here for further advice
Uplink Agent Zeus
level0

Postby Uplink Agent Zeus » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Code: Select all

Connect to the Bank specified in the mission statement, using only 3 or 4 bounces. If you use too many, the mission won't work. WITHOUT bypassing the security, attempt to break the password on the Banks Admin section. When the trace has started, disconnect from the bank after a few seconds.
Now connect to your first bounce point (InterNIC hopefully), break into the admin account and access the logs. Look for your bounce log from the last connection (It should be the third one from the top) and use the Log Modifier on it. Change the log so that the 'From' IP is the one given to you in the mission statement (i.e. Change 127.0.0.1 to whatever IP you have been given). Delete the 'Admin Access' log, and disconnect. Go to the Uplink News page, and fast forward, until news that the target has been arrested for hacking the Bank appears. Once it does, you can reply to the mail and finish the mission.

I did exactly like this and it still doesn't work -.-. It could be a bug :/
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun May 01, 2011 9:58 am

It's not a bug, it works fine, you're doing it wrong.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Uplink Agent Zeus
level0

Postby Uplink Agent Zeus » Sun May 01, 2011 10:53 am

Rkiver wrote:It's not a bug, it works fine, you're doing it wrong.

I can't be doing it wrong because he did get arrested I saw it in the news and I'm sure it's him because they said his name in news, I already said that, but my mission giver keeps saying that he's not arrested...
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun May 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Because he wasn't arrested properly.

1) Few bounces.

2) Hack bank.

3) Get trace started.

4) Go back to internic. Change bounce from your computer, to person to be arrested computer.

5) Wait for them to be arrested without you going near the GCD.

6) Contact employer.

7) Done.

In short, you did it wrong. Trust us. We've been playing this game for near a decade.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Paxton
level0

Postby Paxton » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:06 am

I'm having slightly the same issue, and made a post about it in the General Forum, but maybe I can ask here.

I did everything as listed...

Few Bounces

Hack bank

Get trace started

Go back to InterNIC, change bounce log with correct IP (am I supposed to hack into InterNIC with few bounces, or directly connect with no bounces?)

And I couldn't find the Admin Access log at InterNIC to delete, so I deleted the 2 logs above the bounce log I changed and I got caught.

Never went near the GCD.

It came up in the news with the person's name, that he was arrested, but as soon as it did, that's when my screen went black.
Spheniscine
level0

Postby Spheniscine » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 am

And I couldn't find the Admin Access log at InterNIC to delete, so I deleted the 2 logs above the bounce log I changed and I got caught.

Wrong logs; that's why you got caught. The "admin access" log refers to the one that says "password verified". It should be the one on the very top when you log in to InterNIC's admin system.
Buadset
level3
level3

Re: Frame a man for bank fraud - Stuck

Postby Buadset » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:12 pm

Hi all! Unlike traditional credit or debit cards, Current.com cards are easily accessible through a mobile app. This means users can make purchases or payments anywhere, anytime, without the need to carry physical cards. This level of convenience makes it ideal for those who are always on the go or prefer cashless payments. And if there are problems with the payment, then you don’t need to look for the current com phone number you can report this directly in the application, and this problem will be solved.

Return to “Hints and Tips”