Haivng Trouble maintaining funds

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Jancarius
level0

Haivng Trouble maintaining funds

Postby Jancarius » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't know if it's just because I'm hitting the missions too quickly or what, but the rate the software upgrades are being required of me is exceeding what I can manage to afford. Initially, my thought had been to just work low level missions till I could afford the 37k gateway, but after getting diverted several times by having to buy other software, I finally managed to buy it. So then with my fancy new gateway, I prepared to go forth and... ooh, now I need a Proxy Bypasser 5 and a Monitor 5 and a Voice Recorder 2 wouldn't hurt either... But now there's no jobs that I can complete without them. Am I just going to have to get busted down a few ranks and then wait a while and do some Difficulty 5 missions or below and come back when I have more cash?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Fast forward time, some low level missions will appear and you should be able to build up some more cash that way.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Jancarius
level0

Postby Jancarius » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:44 am

Will my current missions remain active for several days?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:13 pm

If you have accepeted the mission, it will stay active indefinatly.
Uplink Agent Zeus
level0

Postby Uplink Agent Zeus » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Just hack someones bank account. Usually at missions like ''Trace latest bank transfer'' you will get bank number where you have atleast 900k credits... Right now I have over 5 million credits and strongest gateway and all of hardware and software in just 1 hour of play time, but game kinda sucks after you buy everything -.-
Jancarius
level0

Postby Jancarius » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:35 pm

I er, got passive traced cause I was unaware of this bit
Remember, everywhere keeps logs, including Voice Phone Systems. Just because you can't get to the logs, it doesn't mean they aren't there.
And just called an admin directly, then got passive traced later.[/quote]
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 pm

It wont be for that, phone systems wont, or shouldnt at any rate, track you, if you want to know what you got done for, log back into the agent after you get caught, you will get a screen giving you your stats, along with why you got caught, but it shouldnt be for phoning someone.

Return to “Hints and Tips”