the ARC central mainframe

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

vo&
level0

the ARC central mainframe

Postby vo& » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:20 pm

I just failed to get the revelation core (as it shows 404 error when i connect to the target PC --- i guess).

By the way, if i can managed to gain access to the ARC central mainframe before ARC delete the related files, will it possible to get the core, or even other related files?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 pm

you might want to check the logs, the core is deleted before the game even starts, so no, it is not possible to get it from ARC. But it is possible to do it another way.

Ever done a hacker trace mission?
XttyCTL9
level1
level1

Postby XttyCTL9 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 am

Oh...I don't have any connect to ARC Central Mainframe server's mission.
I'm completed all Arunmor's mission, no have to that server mission.
Why?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

if you completed all the missions then its way too late, the logs get wiped fairly regularly, or pushed off the bottom of the list.

Anyway, your not looking for an * connected to X, you just want a specific file, and everything you do, connecting to a server, accessing files, logging out and so on is logged, so you just need to find who accessed the file.

Doing trace the hacker missions or at least knowing how they work will help before hand.
vo&
level0

Postby vo& » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:04 pm

sorry that i am MIP a month.

to confirm this, i started another game, after a while, i gain access to the ARC central mainframe...

no related logs :shock: ,maybe i come too early?
by the way it is quite surprise that while i am clearing logs, a trace back from ARC arrive.

just after i deleted my admin logon log, and the bouncing log to ARC central mainframe still left there...
anyway i am still fine and performed extra logs clearing on other bouncing point.

i will visit ARC central mainframe again and again :lol:

Return to “Hints and Tips”