Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

cst1992
level1
level1

Is it me ?

Postby cst1992 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:40 am

Recently, I have observed a new thing.
I robbed a few bank accounts(of those institutonal heads who ordered me to ruin someone's life :twisted: ) Then I cleared the logs and my rating rose to Veteran, which meant I had succeeded. Then I checked the news. I found out the news about my hacks, and noted the times when the news appeared.
Then I went to Mission list and found 6 or 7 missions labelled "Trace a hacker who recently broke into our systems". To my surprise I could not accept any of the missions although my Neuromancer rating was Neutral.
Is it because the hacker that they want is me ?
I saw a note"We cannot allow you to accept this mission, on the specific instructions of the employer."
How did the employers know it's me ?

Any help appreciated.
Long-returning member
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 am

you are correct sir, they want you to trace yourself

personally I think these should be allowed just so you can frame someone else, would be fun.
cst1992
level1
level1

Postby cst1992 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:36 am

orillian wrote:you are correct sir, they want you to trace yourself

personally I think these should be allowed just so you can frame someone else, would be fun.

yeah :D but not possible. Either way if you email your name then your career ends instantly, and if you email other's name then "That person was not responsible."
I think this may be an earlier bug that the developers fixed this "way".
Long-returning member
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 pm

I dont think its a bug, as far as i can remember its always been like this because of the random mission generation
Gate420
level1
level1

Yup

Postby Gate420 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:23 am

Has always been like that there has always been missions you can't except cause they are trying to get you,See they suspect you but need a skilled hacker to get proof on you so they can arrest you.They can't terminate you with out proof but they can suspect you.

Return to “Hints and Tips”