Frame a user for destruction of data

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Blinksys
level0

Frame a user for destruction of data

Postby Blinksys » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:53 am

Deleted everything in the USR file, went to my last gateway (interNic) and changed the forward log to the given IP. I waited a while, and didn't see any news. So I went into the Criminal Database and had him authorized for arrest.

Then in the news, two articles at the same time. The first being the company was hacked an the person caught, and the other saying the same person was arrested for different reason!

But two news articles isn't good enough for the employers, who say he hasn't been arrested yet.

Also, the first message from Arc was funny, since after getting the message from the dead hacker I hacked into their system and deleted everything. ("We caught you poking around" lol).
Renodil
level1
level1

Postby Renodil » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:25 am

I did that and the bank fraud one and on both I get the news saying it was done by an unknown person. I do the steps as outlined in the guide and alter the InterNic log to his IP address, but it just won't work.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

how many bounces are you using?

if you use too many, then it wont work, i usually use 10 low security ones, this should just give you enough time
Blinksys
level0

Postby Blinksys » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:15 pm

I was using a lot of bounces, but I know it worked because as I said I got the news. "x person has been arrested for hacking" where x is who I was asked to frame. The problem is that he was double-arrested and now my employer won't pay up.
Renodil
level1
level1

Postby Renodil » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 pm

As the guide said. 5. Then I got pissed that it kept doing that tome and only bounced it through the InterNic and still nothing.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:51 pm

how long are you waiting, because if memory serves it can take at least 3 hours, possibly even a day or two for the news to get though
Renodil
level1
level1

Postby Renodil » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:37 pm

As I said. It got through and said it was done by an unknown assailant or hacker or whatever.

Oh. And it took about a week give or take a day for it to happen.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:06 pm

no thats too long, it should happen after just a few hours, there could be a problem with it maybe a glitch, best thing i can reccomend is to try another and see what happens
cst1992
level1
level1

Postby cst1992 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:43 am

hello,
this is how u do it..
-127.0.0.1 =>InterNIC =>server A => server B => Bank
-yea..that's it.. just two middle servers should do..
-go to Administration=> Admin password verification(no bypasses please)and (start to)password break the box.
-disconnect IMMEDIATELY(Connection terminated by Gateway should appear)(you'll get only around 4 or 5 secs on trace tracker)
-Internic=> Admin=> Access logs => modify the log Connection from 127.0.0.1 routed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and put the target's ip in place of 127.0.0.1
-delete remaining logs EXCEPT Connection established from 127.0.0.1(don't worry it's harmless)which is just above the killer log
-that's it. go to internal services and wait for news to appear. reply and you're done
:)
In short, you would have got arrested if you hadn't deleted the logs. This will fool the agents into believing that the victim routed the connection and breached the bank security and they will arrest him.
p.s the news comes in only around 7 hours by this method :)
Long-returning member
Renodil
level1
level1

Postby Renodil » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:11 pm

cst1992 wrote:hello,
this is how u do it..
-127.0.0.1 =>InterNIC =>server A => server B => Bank
-yea..that's it.. just two middle servers should do..
-go to Administration=> Admin password verification(no bypasses please)and (start to)password break the box.
-disconnect IMMEDIATELY(Connection terminated by Gateway should appear)(you'll get only around 4 or 5 secs on trace tracker)
-Internic=> Admin=> Access logs => modify the log Connection from 127.0.0.1 routed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and put the target's ip in place of 127.0.0.1
-delete remaining logs EXCEPT Connection established from 127.0.0.1(don't worry it's harmless)which is just above the killer log
-that's it. go to internal services and wait for news to appear. reply and you're done
:)
In short, you would have got arrested if you hadn't deleted the logs. This will fool the agents into believing that the victim routed the connection and breached the bank security and they will arrest him.
p.s the news comes in only around 7 hours by this method :)

That's great and all except the original poster of this thread titled it Frame a user for destruction of data NOT bank fraud. And anyways I figured out how to do it safely and correctly.

OK first of all make sure you bounce it through 4. And these should all be Central Mainframe. The reason? Longer trace times. CMF's have such high security that the active trace takes longer to trace it than something simple like a file server for example which happens almost instantly.

And make sure you use the bypasses. Even the monitor. You don't want the trace starting until you've broken the password.

Using this method it shouldn't complete the trace until after the deletion is finished. Just make sure that while the files are deleting you type in disconnect and hit ENTER, so that as soon as the files finish deleting you'll disconnect from the system.

Good luck.

Oh and BTW even using the above method there are still times that for some reason the guy never gets caught and you have to abandon it. Some work and some don't. Go figure. At least that's how it is for me. Same with the bank ones. I just stay clear of those personally anymore.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Little word of advice cst has been blasting through the forums recently posting on topics with uplink related stuff (for once) but usually nothing to do with the thread itself, just ignore it and it should get bored
cst1992
level1
level1

Postby cst1992 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 am

orillian wrote:Little word of advice cst has been blasting through the forums recently posting on topics with uplink related stuff (for once) but usually nothing to do with the thread itself, just ignore it and it should get bored

Dear Renodil and orillian,
Thank you for your post. I know I have posted in the wrong thread. i.e. I have posted in "Frame user for destruction" instead of "bank fraud". I beg your forgiveness for that. And I found out for the bank fraud, you can send the message instantly as you transfer money you can complete the mission, and then delete the logs. It takes an extra two or three seconds, but it's worth it. As for the destruction of data mission, you have to only write the given ip in place of log at internic and it does happen eventually, come what may.It takes a while but it DOES come. The problem may have come when Blinksys altered the GCD, but I am not sure.
Long-returning member

Return to “Hints and Tips”