Stuck on Social Security mission

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Setari
level2
level2

Stuck on Social Security mission

Postby Setari » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 am

So I have a Proxy Disabler, and it never does what it needs to in time to log in to the Social Security server. However if I make my Password Breaker take up max CPU, I can usually get in with 10 seconds left, but that isn't enough time to search the database to the guy I need. I keep having to disconnect at about 2 seconds. Any advice is appreciated.

Edit: In that 10 seconds, I have to type in the guy's name (Paul Hill) and hit enter, at which point there's about 8 seconds, and it takes about 5 to search for the guy. -.-

Edit 2: Account got deactivated, but I still would like a solution to this for future reference.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:45 am

In a word: More bounces

with enough bounces you can do anything.

Word of advice, servers you have an account on give you more time.
keen320
level0

Postby keen320 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:13 pm

It also helps to upgrade your CPU, or get a better gateway to get more than one. It really helps run the Proxy disable faster.

Question for Setari: how do you get valid accounts on anything but Internic and the Uplink information site?
Sashi
level0

Postby Sashi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Monitor bypass v5.0 also works wonders.
phoenix87
level0

Postby phoenix87 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm

use user: readwrite instead of admin - once you crack the password and get in using bypasses, you can use without a trace even starting
Gate420
level1
level1

Prehacking

Postby Gate420 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:43 am

before having the luxury of the bypass you must always prehack the internal services machines giving you much more time I like to bounce through about 10 of them internal servers but I prehack each one.If you are unsure of how to prehack heres what i do I set my first bounces using all of the uplink servers and internic being the first bounce then save it then I start hacking the other servers I load up then make the rest of the bounces then sign in to the server I want to prehack then start the password cracker as soon as it finishes you don't have to log in it will remember the password just disconnect and do the next one once you are done prehacking make sure you clean your logs at internic all the systems you have prehacked will have like a double box around it that box means you have admin access to that server making the active trace take much longer to break past it giving you much more time in your hack these hacks will last for 24 hrs game time so till you get your bypass equipment you will have to prehack every 24hrs.so once you have done all your prehacking start doing all your missions remembering to always wipe your internic logs. Hope this helps someone :)

Return to “Hints and Tips”