Problem with getting into a bank account..

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Shaq021
level0

Problem with getting into a bank account..

Postby Shaq021 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 am

I think I found a bug with one of the accounts of HighEnd Inc International Bank, and it goes like this:

The mission asks me to get admin rights on HighEnd's machine, in order to get Mark Thomas's password, so that I can log in and send the customer Mark's account balance.
So here it is:

As I can see, it says:

Name: Mark Thomas
Account Number: 4175809
Password: publmisc
Security: 3

Great! sadly it's not so great.. because every time I try to log in with this information, it just says "Wrong name or password".
The funny thing is that I can log in into every one of the other bank's accounts, but cannot log in into Mark's account.

It drives me crazy, how could it be, maybe a bug? can anyone check it out see if i'm right?

Thank you, waiting for you're help!
Mad Mephit
level0

Postby Mad Mephit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am

Odd. Password breaker on the "manage accounts" login didn't cut it? That's what I normally do - and once you have a monitor disable it doesn't even set off an active trace. (Then again, neither does admin for banks, I suppose.)
Shaq021
level0

Postby Shaq021 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Typing the account's number and try breaking it with the password breaker didn't work as well. It just closed the password breaker...
I guess it's just a bug, so I started over again.
Last edited by Shaq021 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Actually just typing in his account number then using the password breaker should work. Just checked it on my version and it does fine.

So....

What version of Uplink are you running? Download or CD version? Steam, Introversion, Strategy first? 1.31, 1.55?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Shaq021 wrote:Type the account's number and try breaking it with the password breaker didn't work as well. It just closed the password breaker...
I guess it's just a bug, so I started over again.

If password breaker just closes then you are entering an account number which doesn't exist at that bank. In other words, assuming you are connected to the correct bank and entering the details in the correct section, you either copied the account number incorrectly or you are entering it incorrectly. If you wrote the account number somewhere for reference like most people do when playing Uplink, check you wrote it down correctly.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Shaq021
level0

Postby Shaq021 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 pm

I already checked out all of what you said before posting my message, I did everything as they need to be (same bank, same account number, no mistakes..)
It feels to me like I fucked up something in the game. Nevermind, I just opened a new user. Thanks again
lebalusch
level0

What you cant just leave it lol!!!!!

Postby lebalusch » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:03 am

You cant just leave it there lol

i have the same problem. not on the same person.
mine is:

Aston mackenzie
password: voltmete
ac no: 3556923
security level 3

mine also auto turns off the password breaker v1 when i try to run it to get in and see his account??? Yes im at the right bank. i have also gone in on the administration side of things to find out the password above. That wont open his account even though it is listed as his account.

please can this be looked into.
got game from Steam.
please message me direct if you want the USR file to play my game to see my problem.

p.s also judging by the screen captures above he was hacking the right bank too for his carector.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Account name, name of the bank, account number etc. None of that is needed as it is generated anew for each game.

If you have the steam version it is usually updated to the latest version automatically.

To hack into the persons bank account it is a case of put their account number into the user field in the bank login screen, and then use the password cracker.
lebalusch
level0

follow up

Postby lebalusch » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Rkiver has had a look at my game in question and also seen that its not a process error of the user. It is belived to possibly be a fault with the game on a steam download. I will try to get in contact with the makers and send a copy of my game so they can see the problem and release a patch.
MasterofDesaster
level0

Postby MasterofDesaster » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 am

Thats a Bug, not a User Input Error.

That mostly happens when someone (mostly the Player) hacks the Banks Admin and has a Look at the Accounts avvailable.
There are 2 Buttons.
Close and Commit. Where Commit kinda cancels the Account that u view right then, because of the missinformation thats present.

The Commit Button is there for changes made to the account. Name or password changes namely.

I tried on my own account. The account is still there, but u have no access to it anymore.
There is no workaround i have tried.

It could be better when u set a password for that account. As said, i havent tried it yet.
Taha
level0

... there is a workaround

Postby Taha » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Is what I've done (trial and error)

1. If you look at all the customers accounts using the admin account in order to find *all* the passwords, be sure you hit "commit" after each one
2. After that you go in logs and delete all the ones about "making changes in account #"
3. If you type the name and password when you log in as a customer, don't hit "tab" key when you want to advance a field, use the mouse

I realise it does not have any sense, but it works.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

What doesn't have sense is you posting in an aged topic...

Return to “Hints and Tips”