I dont get LAN-Missions

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

cyrix
level0

I dont get LAN-Missions

Postby cyrix » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:09 pm

The Topic says all! Iam a High-Skilled hacker ... i have no crime and the equipment i need, but i dont get LAN-Missions ... and btw, i dont get missions with copiing a data-base?!

But my necro-rang is moraly curropted, is that the reason?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Your neuromancer rating affects the type of missions you recieve.

You're probably receiving tons of "removal job" missions and "trace a hacker" missions, aren't you?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
cyrix
level0

Postby cyrix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:36 am

no, at first, i solved the removal-job-missions, but till today i never traced a hacker! ... What did you mean must i do to get lan-missions? I have version 1.55 on my notebook ...
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:03 pm

i dont think that the neuromancer rating affects what jobs you get

i think its just luck

if you wait long enough there should be something comeing along

although it might be after the story line

i find that not many people want databases copying with revelation going
funnylittlefrog
level0

Postby funnylittlefrog » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:00 am

Pardon for bumping this, but I get really irate at this too. Right now the profile I'm using is Mage/Single-minded, and I've only had ONE hack-a-LAN mission EVAR. Two if you count the hack-the-ARC-LAN storyline mission. And it's almost the end of May 2010. I only get loads and loads of frame-person, trace-unauthorized-transfer, make-a-donation, removal-job and such hacker unfriendly missions. I reached Elite/Sociopath on a previous profile and want to make good this time, so I'm not taking a lot of those.

On a previous profile, I had a bunch of hack-a-LAN missions, and I couldn't take them because I didn't know how to hack a LAN back then, and I couldn't yet afford the software at that time.

Just sayin.
swiftdr
level0

Postby swiftdr » Mon May 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Bump

I'm ranked techno-mage and never get them either. :( It's a shame because they're the most fun missions of all! :!:
Xiphias Gladius
level0

Postby Xiphias Gladius » Mon May 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Another bump

You can always just search InterNIC for "local area network" and bust one open for the heck of it; or you can go to any company's internal services machine and check out the links page. They usually have a local area network that you can hack into.
RadicalHacker
level0

Postby RadicalHacker » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:12 pm

i don't think you will find a server in InterNIC that will say "hack me im a LAN" .... and nobody ain't that stupid to starc searching for a lan network in over ~ 100 servers that are in the game....

So if someone know a LAN Network, othen than "Sample Local Area Network" please post it here or make another thread for that ;).
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

unfortunatly you cant, all the names apart from some set ones, and some mods, are generated randomly. So it is impossible to post names and IP addresses because they change between games.
Nixitur
level1
level1

Postby Nixitur » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:56 pm

And by the way, LANs are not shown in the InterNIC list. It wouldn't make sense either. To access LANs and mainframes, you need to hack into the Internal Services Machine (which is very easy) and add the links it offers.

I've seen some mentions of "good" or "bad" jobs that affect your neuromancer rating, so my question is: "What the hell? Good jobs? In a hacking game?"
But really, I just want a list of how the certain job types affect your rating. What jobs are considered "bad"? Which ones are considered "good"?
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Nixitur wrote:But really, I just want a list of how the certain job types affect your rating. What jobs are considered "bad"? Which ones are considered "good"?

You v. individuals = bad; you v. corporations = good.

Return to “Hints and Tips”