Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

mesh
level1
level1

Uplink tutorial

Postby mesh » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi

I started the duide but when I wanted to connect to uplink test machine i couldn't cause it asked for a user and a code but i don't have and don't know how to get this is the samem thing with The Internic. Then I connected to Uplink public server thing and there I saw a name and a code I read it. Then I connected to the bank hack server and I saw an account name Ip of the bank my question is is this real when it asks for a bank ip in the tutorial or not and it is still the tutorial and i can give any banks account and connect cause nothing will happen?My second question is what if i have the best gateway cause i bought it? what will happen? why is it better if i have a better gateway? And my third question is in the uplink server thing it says that somewhere i can selext missoins but i couldn't find it. Where is it?And my fourth question is I see that map what is that good for?

Only those people answer for this topic who will not swear and he will be patient.

Thanks for your help!
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:28 pm

The tutorial doesn't tell you anything about hacking banks.

Click the map and you'll see what it's for.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:48 pm

mesh, you are a grade A, class 1 dolt.
Akatosh
level2
level2

Postby Akatosh » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Agreed. mesh, seriously now. When you start the tutorial, a box of text should pop up. READ IT CAREFULLY. Yes, we know, you don't speak English too well, but you don't seem to have a too big problem understanding us, so you should be able to understand the tutorial. If you don't, get someone to translate it for you. And forget about the damn bank hacks for now. Just FORGET ABOUT THEM and wait until you know how to PLAY THE GAME. Same is true for Gateway upgrades. Just DO THE TUTORIAL, reading the text CAREFULLY and doing exactly and only what it tells you to do.
This is not a signature.
segin
level0

Postby segin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 am

The tutorial is broken. It tells you to disconnect from the "Uplink Test Server", and when you do, it doesn't progress.

And if your (real world) machine crashes, you can't launch the tutorial again, annoying.

Return to “Hints and Tips”