Banks always catch me

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

drt1245
level0

Banks always catch me

Postby drt1245 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:42 pm

I've read the guides, looked at the topics of people with the same problem with me, and still can't figure out why I get caught. Whenever I steal money from a bank account (using an account number from a 'Trace a recent balance transfer' mission) I get caught just a couple minutes later.

First, I get the HUD Connection Analysis, Proxy Bypass v5, Monitor Bypass v5, Password Cracker, the best Trace Tracker, and Log Deleter v4. I get a 'Trace a recent balance transfer' mission. I bounce my connection through about twenty other servers with the first server being InterNIC and then finally to the target bank. I disable monitor and proxy on the first bank, hack into the account, and look at the statement. I write down the IP for the second bank and the account number. I disconnect, and delete the logs from the InterNIC saying I logged in as admin and the logs about routed IPs. I leave the connection established log there. I get the link to the second bank from the InterNIC. Once again, I bounce through about twenty servers with InterNIC as first and the target bank as last. Bypass monitor and proxy, then crack the password on the target account. I get the name of the person for the 'Trace a recent balance transfer' mission, and complete that mission. Just to be safe, in case I take too long, I disconnect and remove logs from the InterNIC. Not the connection established log. I re-connect to the target bank and once again with InterNIC as first bounce bypass monitor and proxy. I already have the password to the account, so it takes me even less time to get in. I transfers lots of money to my uplink account, then remove the bank statement saying I did so. Connect to Uplink Bank through lots of bounces with InterNIC as first. Bypass monitor and proxy, remove bank statement saying I recieved lots of money. I disconnect and remove the logs from the InterNIC except the connection established log. Hooray! I have lots of money and a minute later, I get caught. Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what? Thanks in advance.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:53 am

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Maybe you're taking too long to do it?

Remember: Starting from the time you make the transfer, you will have about 3-5 minutes realtime before you are busted. If you are spending time setting up bounces between hacks, you'll be traced before you can clear your logs or the statements.
Muk
level0

Postby Muk » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:49 pm

Did you get this to work? I'm using your same technique and they still catch me every time... :( Are you using version 1.0?
I save the path to my own bank so I can load it after doing the transfer. I delete the messages and everything within about 2 minutes. Then, a few minutes later, I am caught.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:44 am

Muk wrote:Did you get this to work? I'm using your same technique and they still catch me every time... :( Are you using version 1.0? <snip>

Version 1.0 of what? The game or the log deleter?

The game version should be 1.31. The patch is on Introversion's main Uplink site.

NEVER use any log deleter version below 4.0! Do so and you run the risk of being passively traced.
direvus
level1
level1

Postby direvus » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:39 am

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I've stolen money successfully about five times, and gotten busted once. The one time I got busted I was trying to steal 700000c. It is possible that the speed with which the banks trace you is somehow related to the amount of money being transferred. All my other attempts were amounts <= 500000c.

Your first priority should be to clear the transfer log from the source bank. Do this as fast as humanly possible, it's the first place the bank will look once they get alerted to a large transfer.

Your second priority should be to break your bounce log chain.

Your third priority is to enter the destination bank and clear the transfer log there.
Cyberwarrior
level2
level2

Postby Cyberwarrior » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:38 pm

Mr. Roboto wrote:
Muk wrote:Did you get this to work? I'm using your same technique and they still catch me every time... :( Are you using version 1.0? <snip>

Version 1.0 of what? The game or the log deleter?

The game version should be 1.31. The patch is on Introversion's main Uplink site.

NEVER use any log deleter version below 4.0! Do so and you run the risk of being passively traced.

Also, this is why I really like SimplyUplink's "Log Nuke" software, which makes wiping logs even easier!

To date, I've never been caught despite all my ISM destroying hijinks. :) Still haven't tried bank-hacking.

And if you're really gutsy, get the Gateway Bomb & Motion Sensor. That way if you're about to be found... BOOM. Keep ahold of your bank account number and assuming the game doesn't undo the transfer, you should be fine.

(Don't forget, the Save/Load bounce-track function is AWESOME!)

(Also, check out GameFAQs. They have several guides to help with Bank Hacks. :))
AJ_Letson
level1
level1

Postby AJ_Letson » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 pm

An exceptionally helpful hint: Transfer money into an account that you create at the same bank.
AJ Letson
President, BAM! Game Design
http://www.bamgames.tk
MrEdwardmil
level0

Postby MrEdwardmil » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:21 am

i am from nigeria and i dont know anything about hacking...........how do i go about hacking banks in nigeria without been caught? thanks in advance
i want to be a renown hacker
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 am

MrEdwardmil wrote:i am from nigeria and i dont know anything about hacking...........how do i go about hacking banks in nigeria without been caught? thanks in advance

You are a moron.
MrEdwardmil
level0

Postby MrEdwardmil » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:07 am

PLEASE HOW DO I DO THAT?
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:04 am

As I said, you are an idiot. This is a forum for the discussion of the video game Uplink. No one here really hacks real life banks. Even if they did, no one here would help you, because you are an idiot. Go away.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:06 am

MrEdwardmil wrote:i am from nigeria and i dont know anything about hacking...........how do i go about hacking banks in nigeria without been caught? thanks in advance
Choosing a technique suitable to your skill level: Get a mask, take an axe and prepare a getaway bicycle.
XttyCTL9
level1
level1

Re

Postby XttyCTL9 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:09 am

what? software is high. i don't know.
Perhaps you are a bad time to master.

Return to “Hints and Tips”