Help With Revelation 0.7 File

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Catguy
level0

Help With Revelation 0.7 File

Postby Catguy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:03 am

I was reading that to find the Revelation 0.7 file you got to search the logs on the ARC mainframe. So i did and i ip looked them all. Hacked all of them and found nothing. Only thing i did find was the Government LAN. But i cant connect to the mainframe because it asks who's voice do i use. Could anyone help me here? If its not on this lan please hint me in the right direction. Much Appreciated
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:12 am

This is a bit of a spoiler so if you want to see it highlight the hidden text below to read it:

If you looked soon enough after April 14th you should have seen a log saying something about a file being moved and/or deleted. That is the log you need to follow. When you hack the server related to that log, look for a bounce log from the same time as the previous log (you should use the log undeleter just to make sure nothing has been changed), then trace that. Continue until you reach a personal computer.

:)
Catguy
level0

Postby Catguy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:18 am

Ty muchies i appreciate your help. 1 more question. Even thou im beyond that. If i started a new user and got IP that way would it still work for me on my other name?
Catguy
level0

Postby Catguy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:31 am

So are you saying that now i got to hack every computer system and look for april 14th logs...cuz its been well past that time.... :shock:
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:22 am

If it is too far past April 14th the logs will have been deleted and there will nothing you can do. The best bet would be to start a new user and jump on it right after the email arrives. Each user you create has its own "world", that is there is no connection between the user and most of the IP addresses are different (randomly generated when you start a user). :)
DataDancer
level0

Postby DataDancer » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:50 pm

Forgive my "thread jacking" but I have a problem with the same thing.

I'm in ARC CEntral Mainframe,can see the logs... but the one of interest says "From unknown: (...)",no ip no nothing.. Log undeleter doesn't help.

Any clues on this (running 1.31 on w2k)
AgentFade
level1
level1

Postby AgentFade » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:10 pm

Use Log UnDeleter, which should replace that log with the one that was initially there.

Except on Uplink bank, when checking the statements.
talk to me about anything Uplink. I can usually help you.

Orion
level1
level1

Postby Orion » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:29 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:This is a bit of a spoiler so if you want to see it highlight the hidden text below to read it:

"hidden text" means that you wrote in in black? (or the color of the background)
AgentFade
level1
level1

Postby AgentFade » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:13 pm

Orion wrote:
Stewsburntmonkey wrote:This is a bit of a spoiler so if you want to see it highlight the hidden text below to read it:

"hidden text" means that you wrote in in black? (or the color of the background)

exactly.
talk to me about anything Uplink. I can usually help you.

kwest100
level0

Re: Help With Revelation 0.7 File

Postby kwest100 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Well in the ARC server as well, the Log undeleter isn't doing anything on that log, i've traced out legit 4 different personal computers from the server... I'm honestly stuck since i cannot connect to any of them to do anything at ALL, sorry to be a pain but that's the way it is...

Return to “Hints and Tips”