Passive Trace

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Me300
level4
level4
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:10 am
Location: A cardboard box

Postby Me300 » Wed May 19, 2004 7:22 pm

He probably wouldn't even understand that.
Image
Deepsmeg
level5
level5
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:26 pm
Location: Register 2102
Contact:

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu May 20, 2004 5:56 pm

yay! beno was pwnt
Image
beno
level3
level3
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:02 pm

Postby beno » Thu May 20, 2004 7:03 pm

beno, did you even bother to wait a few game days to see what happened? Why is it everyone else says you're wrong? Let's analyse your abilities a little...


Yes, I waited several game days. I always use it when I'm stuck for time on a server.

. Despite totally insubtle hints and me telling you straight, you were completely unable to work out that (a) I was one of the admins on your forums and (b) you password on the forums was beno.


I was quite pissed of with things at the time. Not just online happennings, but offline ones as well.

From this, we call tell that there is a fair probability had to read the guide to do the tutorial, possibly while using IRC to be walked through it. Further reasoning gives us the idea that when you say "always", you also mean once, as you likely got disheartened by the difficulty of the test mission.


No, I actually downloaded the demo, installed it, and did the test mission without even using the tutorial or any guide. I didn't use IRC to get a walkthrough, and I did it entirely by myself. The test mission was easy, BTW.

2. You couldn't tell the difference between administator and moderator. This gives me the impression that you struggled with the concept of admin and readwrite being different. Not that it matters, as the chances are you only did the test mission, as previously stated.



No, I do know the difference between admin and mod. Admin is powerful, in that they have complete control over the workings of the forum, and the way it's run. Mods ensure there aren't any innapropriate material, etc. and make the neccesary steps to prevent it. I did know the difference between readwrite and admin fron first view.

3. I can not recall a single time where you have managed to write a correct statement. This means everything you say is not worth reading, and equally not worth writing.


Give a guy a hard time for trying to be helpful, will you.
Rkiver
level5
level5
Posts: 6404
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Postby Rkiver » Thu May 20, 2004 7:20 pm

No, give a guy a hard time for being a blithering idiot and giving out incorrect advice, not bothering to listen to advice when given, making up certain things regarding internet law, after being told by a law student he is wrong....

I could go on, and provide links to all I have said regarding this, but I need not. Almost everyone on the forums, and those in the IRC community have seen you make an utter fool of yourself. I applaud the fact that you try and help, but the fact of the matter is that you have no clue what you are on about as proven by your response. So once again I find the best advice I can give you is to simply not post unless you have researched your subject for at least a week, and can provide comprehensive proof of your statements.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Mas Tnega
level5
level5
Posts: 7898
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 11:54 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu May 20, 2004 7:49 pm

beno wrote:No, I actually downloaded the demo, installed it, and did the test mission without even using the tutorial or any guide. I didn't use IRC to get a walkthrough, and I did it entirely by myself. The test mission was easy, BTW.


If the blindingly obvious (not intuitively obvious, but a kind of obvious where the fact jumps straight in your eye and stabs it to a bloody pulp) managed to completely evade your attention when you were "pissed of" (sic), then being nothing short of ecstatic must have been how you were when you did the test mission. Or are you unbelievably easily blinded by rage?

beno wrote:No, I do know the difference between admin and mod. Admin is powerful, in that they have complete control over the workings of the forum, and the way it's run. Mods ensure there aren't any innapropriate material, etc. and make the neccesary steps to prevent it. I did know the difference between readwrite and admin fron first view.


You may know NOW, but you didn't when it counted. Hence several people, including me, being able to fuck up the forums as we saw fit. I'm still pissed off that you accused me of doing all of that, btw. And very annoyed that you posted all of the crappy pictures, despite being told not to. It's a wonder that Icepick didn't ban you, like he said he would.
Also, what can admin do that readwrite can't? Something remotely beneficial please, I won't take "Start a trace" for an answer.

beno wrote:Give a guy a hard time for trying to be helpful, will you.


Why don't you make it hard for us, and post something correct, just for once? Answering the above question would be a sufficient start.
Me300
level4
level4
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:10 am
Location: A cardboard box

Postby Me300 » Fri May 21, 2004 5:00 am

I really doubt if it is within his level of ability to even be able to do anything helpful. Once again, he just proves how big of a fucktard he is when he doesn't even know when he is being insulted. Beno, you really should find a nice hole to curl up in and die. It would make things so much easier for the rest of us.
beno wrote:
From this, we call tell that there is a fair probability had to read the guide to do the tutorial, possibly while using IRC to be walked through it. Further reasoning gives us the idea that when you say "always", you also mean once, as you likely got disheartened by the difficulty of the test mission.



No, I actually downloaded the demo, installed it, and did the test mission without even using the tutorial or any guide. I didn't use IRC to get a walkthrough, and I did it entirely by myself. The test mission was easy, BTW.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this does seem like an insult to me.
Image
ReflectingGod
level5
level5
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:40 pm
Location: W. Australia

Postby ReflectingGod » Fri May 21, 2004 9:25 am

Woo, the village idiot returns! This should be interesting...

All you comic makers, get ready for some great material here!
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
ToppestKek
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: Passive Trace

Postby ToppestKek » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:29 pm

wow rude

Return to “Hints and Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest