during frame a person for bank fraud

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

m0nk
level0

during frame a person for bank fraud

Postby m0nk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:00 am

i got caught with a black screen on this one. but i think i noticed something.

so i went to interNIC, and change the log to the guy who im framing for bank fraud with his ip. but, the guide said that i should delete that log after i changed it.

how can it be noticed by the world if it is limited to interNIC or basic ip when i delete the changed log in the admins section after i changed "from" for the frauded's ip and then delete it?!?

is there some sort of data bank im missing? outside memory of the game? a palce i havent explored? or is hidden?
chip_handen
level0

Re: during frame a person for bank fraud

Postby chip_handen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:03 am

and then delete it

What are you deleting, exactly? According to the Modlink guide, the only thing you should delete is the admin access log that has your IP (127.0.0.1)
m0nk
level0

Postby m0nk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:30 am

I connect to the bank for a few seconds then disconnect. Then i go to internic and change the log to his ip. But then, i delete the other logs so that his ip is the only one in internic. Then i fast forwarded time waiting for the news but it never came. Then i deleted the changed log and everything else in internic and forwarded time but then i got caught.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:13 pm

You got caught because you left a 'disconnect' log but not a 'connect' log. You must never remove the connect log of your current session.
m0nk
level0

Postby m0nk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 pm

i did exactly what it said in the guide. 3rd log down. edited that. waited for news. nothing. deleted it. then got caught. but thx for tip.
chip_handen
level0

Postby chip_handen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:33 pm

It can also depend on the version of Log Deleter. Version 4 of the Log Deleter makes sure that when a company does a passive trace on you, they cannot recover the logs. Also, what NeatNit said, don't delete your current session connection log.

Return to “General”