Can anyone suggest me a game recorder for Uplink?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Kurochi
level0

Can anyone suggest me a game recorder for Uplink?

Postby Kurochi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 am

Hello, Can anyone suggest me the best game recorder to use for Uplink?

It MUST support live commentary.

Try to refuse from suggesting me Fraps, I already know it: file size is kind of a problem.

Thanks in advance <3 (HEARTZ)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:57 am

While I haven't tried any myself, there are a few options like CamStudio (which might not work with fullscreen applications), WeGame, and PlayClaw.

Why can't screen recording be simpler?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Apart from "Too much effort", is there any reason why you wouldn't just record the audio separately?

CamStudio's kind of OK, I guess. Really anything that records audio should work if you set things up properly.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:26 pm

What I would do is set the mic to be heard in the headset, and then record what is heard in the headset (stereo mix, or some programs like camstudio can actually record the output)

Then you would have to ignore your own voice but it works.

If you don't use a headset and still need a solution, you could do the same thing with the speakers and just have them turned off while you play. You won't hear anything but it will stop the loopback.
Kurochi
level0

Postby Kurochi » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:is there any reason why you wouldn't just record the audio separately?

Yup, there is.

If I explain (and record) as I play, I'll have no trouble with organizing my actions and my explainations

If I play and then explain, I'll do things too quickly, and have trouble with the voice-over: I will end up commenting on something I did like minutes earlier.

NeatNit wrote:What I would do is set the mic to be heard in the headset, and then record what is heard in the headset (stereo mix, or some programs like camstudio can actually record the output)

Then you would have to ignore your own voice but it works.

If you don't use a headset and still need a solution, you could do the same thing with the speakers and just have them turned off while you play. You won't hear anything but it will stop the loopback.

I do have an headset, and I'm kinda forced to use the headset due to all the background noise.
I am not really used to play muted games :|

If I do what you said (recording stereo mix thingy) , my headset will start not also playing my voice, but also some demoniac sounds. (Result from the test I did before writing this topic)

Return to “General”