Redshirt and Redshirt2

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Clayton
level0

Redshirt and Redshirt2

Postby Clayton » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:03 am

When browsing steam I saw that Uplink was available on it. It prompted me to dig out my old uplink disk and load it up. It's an older SF version, not the IV I bought a subsequently was relieved of.

It brings back memories, the fear, the worrying of getting caught when I was just learning the game, learning to hack lans, destroying my gateway and the playing of the mods, delving into the gamebibles,and spending time on Icepick's modlink website. As I was browsing around and remembered using redshirt to adjust the starting bank balance of my new agents. I poked around on the forums, and it seems FrenchFrogs link to redshirt2 is no longer valid. As I was reading further around it also seems that someone was saying that redshirt and redshirt2 might be gone and lost for ever, unless someone had the dev disk as was willing to recompile the redshirt.

If a regular of the board wants, I'm happy to send them the copies of them that I have. When I filed my SF copy, I took a disk and burned my hexeditor, my reg code for it, several of the patches, various Mods, gateways, Icepick's ultimate uplink guide, redshirt, as well as redshirt2 and stuck it in there with it. They can post it, since I'm well aware of the fact that me joining and posting links to them the same day will be looked at with a worried eye. I also have a copy of the Uplink: The Mod if they're interested, since it seems the original authors site for it is gone. I don't have the bonus cd anymore, but I think I remember there was a link somewhere in the forums to download it from IV.
*edit* I found the bonus disk download.

Thanks steam for bringing back some great memories, Thanks Introversion for the great games, and Happy Holidays to all.

Clay

PS Sorry I missed the IV humble bundle, you'll be seeing an order from me after the holidays so I don't feel guilty playing on my SF copy.
Pluto is a Planet
level0

Postby Pluto is a Planet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks for the link to the bonus disk! I'll be exploring that :D It looks like the MOD audio files included can only be read by VLC Media Player on my computer rofl, but yeah if anyone can't play those, send me a PM in these forums and I'd convert them to MP3 for you.

Also, I tried looking for Redshirt2 previously, and sadly couldn't find it :/ I decided to buy just the regular version of Uplink instead of the Dev version, which I kinda now regret for that reason lol... All I found was this, which decrypts files for Darwinia, and this which contains a download for Redshirt (not Redshirt2).
Clayton
level0

Postby Clayton » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:06 pm

The redshirt2 for Darwinia uses a different "key" as I understand it. Frenchfrog or Icepick can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't mind sending you the redshirt2 you'll need for uplink, just pm me with your email if interested.
Pluto is a Planet
level0

Postby Pluto is a Planet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Clayton wrote:The redshirt2 for Darwinia uses a different "key" as I understand it. Frenchfrog or Icepick can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't mind sending you the redshirt2 you'll need for uplink, just pm me with your email if interested.

Apparently I misunderstood your first post lol; I thought you meant by bringing up that someone said redshirt2 might be lost forever, that you were trying to find it. I reread and saw where I was wrong now though :P
DrFreenote
level0

Postby DrFreenote » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 am

*coughnecrocough*

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I could really use a copy of redshirt2.exe. xD; I would have PM'd Clayton directly without making a redundant post on a dead thread, but there's some anti-PM abuse measure or something of the sort that won't let me do so until I have a post on the forums.
leshmoe
level0

Redshirt2

Postby leshmoe » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Redshirt2 is a tough one to find.
Windows 98
level0

Re: Redshirt and Redshirt2

Postby Windows 98 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:17 pm

hey, i know im like over a decade late and all, but ive exhausted all my efforts on searching for the original redshirt2.exe file on the internet to no avail, but would it still be possible to get this from here?

Return to “General”