PC to mac?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

magentablackout
level0

PC to mac?

Postby magentablackout » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 am

I have two copies of the game. One is a physical copy that I got as a gift. And then the other is through steam. The physical disk is for pc and the mac that I want to run the game on only has 10.4.11 software which steam does not support. I have even tried downloading the torrent for the game but apparently torrents are difficult to use on 10.4.11. so there are no easy options. Is there any way that i can convert the pc disk to a mac disk or any workaround for this? I have tried contacting ambrosia software about this but so far I have not gotten a response. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. I don't care of the legality i just want to play the game.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Re: PC to mac?

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:01 pm

magentablackout wrote:I have two copies of the game. One is a physical copy that I got as a gift. And then the other is through steam. The physical disk is for pc and the mac that I want to run the game on only has 10.4.11 software which steam does not support. I have even tried downloading the torrent for the game but apparently torrents are difficult to use on 10.4.11. so there are no easy options. Is there any way that i can convert the pc disk to a mac disk or any workaround for this? I have tried contacting ambrosia software about this but so far I have not gotten a response. Any help is much appreciated.

You cannot play the Windows version on OS X. You can play the Steam version on OS X, but you need a more recent version of the OS. That's pretty much all there is to it.

magentablackout wrote:P.S. I don't care of the legality i just want to play the game.

This is a very poor position to take on the website of a company that makes its money by selling a game to people who stay within the bounds of the law. You will get no help here.
magentablackout
level0

Postby magentablackout » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:30 am

But I already bought the game two times!
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:17 pm

magentablackout wrote:But I already bought the game two times!

Boo hoo. You bought the Steam version of the game, and you bought the retail version of the game for Windows and Linux. No one made any secret about what you were buying. Had you bothered to read the specs or release notes, it would have been pretty obvious that the retail version would not work on a Mac, and that the Steam version would not work with OS X 10.4. You had fair warning. We can argue until we are blue in the face about the morality or ethics of a software company owning copyrights to their work, and restricting that work to particular platforms, but the simple fact is that the law is on their side, and most of the people on these boards support IV's legal rights. No one here is going to help you break the law because "...just want to play the game." You are perfectly capable of playing the game, just not in the manner you would most like.

Again, your choices are to update your OS or get a new Mac PC, or to continue playing Uplink on a Windows PC.

Return to “General”