Convert the music files?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:46 pm

.mod format is actually sort of simular to midi. In many ways it is closer to midi than to wav formats. :)
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:49 pm

Yes, but the samples are supplied by the actual file, rather than the hardware or software synth on the computer it's being played on. :)
Nakatomi is coming
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:53 pm

Exactly, but the basic idea is the same. The problem with midi is that it depends on your sound card and so standardization is nearly impossible. With a decent midi card you could probably get a decent sounding version of all the tracks (minus the vocals). But it would be easier to just go straight to a wav version. :)
Viper228
level1
level1

Postby Viper228 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:39 am

Here is how to convert the uplink .uni music files into .mp3 format:

This is kinda long so bare with me.

Ok, here goes. First you need to change the music.dat file to music.zip. Then, you need to extract the .zip file to a folder of your choice. Next, go into that folder and change all the .uni files to .mod . After doing that click here http://www.zittware.com/Products/CDMast ... nload.html to download the convertor. It is exactly 5.37mb. When the download is finished and you have installed it correctly, open it up and goto Record, then File Conversion, and finally MP3. Then click add files. Choose any of the uplink songs and when you're satisfied, click ok. Now let the program do it's thing. Don't try to do much of anything else or it will most likely freeze your computer. After it is complete with everything, you will now have all the songs in the exact quality as in the game, but now you can burn them onto a CD-R because they are in .mp3 format.

NOTE: When adding the files to be converted, I suggest converting the files one at a time. Because the more you add at one time, the slower it will make your computer. Just remember that when converting.

Enjoy!
My New Uplink Forum: http://uplinkgame.proboards30.com
This is a war, and we are soldiers. What if tommorow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
Agent Zerro
level3
level3

Postby Agent Zerro » Sat May 01, 2004 5:01 pm

Thanks. I apreciate it. I'll notify you if it works
Think the Unthinkable
Expect the Unexpected
Do the Impossible

Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Sat May 01, 2004 6:25 pm

I like dbPowerAmp. It doesn't convert .uni files, but I converted the .mod and .s3m files from the bonus disk to .mp3
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Tue May 04, 2004 11:43 pm

I totally forgot that I converted all the Uplink music into .mp3 format a few days ago...you can find it at http://uplink.crazie.co.uk/uplinkmusic.zip - it's big because I like fat bitrates.. ;)

Hope it'll be of use to some people.
Nakatomi is coming
runthis
level1
level1

Re: Convert the music files?

Postby runthis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:32 am

I know this is an old topic, however, is there a way anyone knows of to convert audio files to uni?

Return to “General”