My *First* Online Purchase

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Carver
level1
level1

Postby Carver » Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:26 pm

So I found out about this game today, played the demo for about 20 min, pulled out the credit card and bought the game. It's my first online purchase (I'm now part of the e-economy! heh) so uh... please don't let my cc# get swiped.. er.. ya.. back to hax0ring =)

Anyways, this is just a rockin game, i used to play a BBS door game (any remember those?) that was almost exactly like Uplink sans nifty interface.  I've gotta say this is just gonna be a blast.

However, one qualm, any chance of getting some kind of console (terminal, command line) interface - see all the mouse clickering is arggevating the old RSI in my wrists... and maybe some kind of script support so's i can write my own batch file attack scripts? heh, ok maybe not.

Oh yeah, I'd pay another $25 or so if ya'll would add some kind of multiplayer missions =) =)

Much fun.... can't wait to get my copy,
-carver
ForrestFox
level1
level1

Postby ForrestFox » Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:48 pm

Hey, Im right behind ya
Just a few secs ago I pressed the "submit" button to complete the purchase, but sadly I found out I had too few dinaros on my card
But as the hacker I am I have just transfered over a small fund to my card, so now I'll just wait a few secs more and then make a new try :)
(Well, actually I just have two bank accounts and all the money was on the account that my card dont use *slaps forehead*)

And yes, I'd almost be willing to pay for a multiplayeroption :)
OI! WHERE DA FECK IS MY OL' 23K PHONE MODEM? U little brats of today dont know it, but dis modems still rules da world!
Hostile
level0

Postby Hostile » Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:51 pm

Glad to see my email to Penny-Arcade has helped someone out.  I knew there were people that would love the game that just didn't know about it  :P.
Phydeaux
level0

Postby Phydeaux » Sat Oct 13, 2001 2:59 am

Thanks, Hostile. :)

I didn't know about this gem until today.
Silent Remorse
level0

Postby Silent Remorse » Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:19 am

I played this game for 97 mins before I reached the limit and thought - Incredible :)

It really quenched my curiosity for actual hacking, and in about 10 mins I'm going to make myself even MORE in debt by buying it :P

Great work and if you could add Multiplayer (Imagine thousands of virtual hackers all competing for clientel, sabotaging everyone else to be on top) I'd have died and gone to heaven.

Thanks for the link!
"The farther away the future is, the better it looks."
Hostile
level0

Postby Hostile » Sat Oct 13, 2001 9:11 am

happy to help...just wish I could have gotten the word out to even more people....guess if the other places I've talked to don't post about it, I'll have some friends try their luck sending in the word.  I'm a programmer looking to start his own indie game house, so I'm more than happy to try and spread the word when someone has done something I respect.
TacKat
level1
level1

Postby TacKat » Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:54 pm

Has anyone tried posting to slashdot yet?
bork
level0

Postby bork » Sat Oct 13, 2001 4:37 pm

Ha.. you think the site could handle being /.'d?
sibn
level1
level1

Postby sibn » Sat Oct 13, 2001 7:39 pm

I am absolutely certain that /. has gotten hundreds of suggestions for this.  I think it's likely that they just didn't feel it was "real" enough to worry about.

Oh, well.  You can always try telling them now anyway.  :)
Ever wake up with the feeling that they're out to get you?  Well, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you:
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=paranoia
bork
level0

Postby bork » Sat Oct 13, 2001 7:46 pm

Too bad it's not a crappy movie, we could get a nice review out of Katz for it. ;) I sent in a submission yesterday, but I doubt until one of the l33t news guys figures out that it's actually super fun, it's not going to get any notice from them.  

Return to “General”