Can't complete a "generate university degree" task

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

clever name
level0

Postby clever name » Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:55 am

I access the system, bring up duncan hornibrook, and i edit the info as he wants it in his email, then commit the changes, and disconnect.  Then i mail him saying i did it, but he always says that the changes have not been made.

What am i doing wrong?  I'm not entirely sure on how to format the degree.  Do i type "UNIVERSITY" in the first column, and then ELECTRICAL class: 1 etc?

hmmmm

excellent game though.  I haven't played anything like this since shaddow runner for the genesis.  EEERrrr, i don't think it was shaddow runner.  Well, it might have been.  Anyways, you ran around with guns, talking to people, going into cyber bars and getting hack tasks, and you could upgrade your equipment and buy guns, and kill monsters for money.  It was more like an RPG with action and computer hacking.  Very good game for the time.  Uplink is refreshing.  VERY original compared to the games that are currently out.  Cstrike sucks.  UT is lame.  NEver got into Q3.  And that just about does it for computer games.

If the demo ammuses me for atleast a few more days it's a definate buyer.  Good job!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:18 am

Thanks for the comments :)  We're always happy when another person plays the game and enjoys it.

If you are modifying somebodies Academic Record, you must first make sure you are editing the correct record.  The name of the target person is normally included in the mission description - it may not be the same name as the employer.

If you are generating/modifying a degree then make sure you change the field that says "Graduate Qualifications".  The formatting is pretty loose, but must include the degree name and level.  
eg
Computing, 1st class
or
Psychology : Grade 2
or
1st Class degree in Electronics
All those are valid.

Hope that helps.
Count Zero
level0

Postby Count Zero » Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:18 am

I had the same problem. You should write it under "Graduate qualifications" in the form "Electrical, class 1"
http://www.introversion.co.uk/cgi-bin/screenshots.cgi?pic=uplink3.gif shows how this should look for a class 2 Artificial Intelligence degree.
If you have lots of time before being traced, you can always mail your employer before disconnecting. That way you can make another try without having to break in again..
/The Count
clever name
level0

Postby clever name » Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:48 am

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/029/Tb/pR/eM/LW36433.jpg

Is that right?  

(Edited by clever name at 11:49 am on Oct. 9, 2001)
Count Zero
level0

Postby Count Zero » Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:53 am

Looks right to me..
If it's still not working, you should check your mission description again.
/The Count
clever name
level0

Postby clever name » Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:01 pm

It says to provide the person "duncan hornibrook" with a university degree

{details}

Send a letter of completion to {address}

The picture above is my latest try of that mission.  It did not work.

Am i missing a step here?  I edit the info.  commit the changes, log out, and mail him.  he always says the data has not been changed.

hmm
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:04 pm

Was the university degree supposed to be "Electrical Engineering"?

If so, then you need to edit the box that says "Graduate Qualifications" so that is says
"Electrical Engineering, 1st class"

Try that.
clever name
level0

Postby clever name » Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:07 pm

yep.  I just cought my mistake a few seconds ago.  Damn word wrap:).  Is it possible to play in a resolution higher than 640?

thanks anywho.
Niroku
level0

Re: Can't complete a "generate university degree" task

Postby Niroku » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:32 am

StephaneP
level0

Postby StephaneP » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:46 pm

was it paused by purpose?
Niroku
level0

Postby Niroku » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:45 am

yes i paused it so i could post this here
kabucha
level2
level2

Postby kabucha » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:55 am

Now, in order to graduate from college, you will need to pass exams, which are often quite difficult. I also recently had to deal with this. I went to medical school and before graduating, I had to pass incredibly difficult exams. Unfortunately, I started preparing too late and realized that I myself could hardly write this exam well. To increase my chances of passing it successfully, I decided to seek help from the website https://medicmind.com.au where I was able to hire some excellent tutors who helped me improve my knowledge in those topics that I did not learn well. Thus, I successfully passed the exams.
Stone Halk
level1
level1

Postby Stone Halk » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:45 pm

Many students face the same problem when it comes to obtaining their diploma, but it can be easily solved by delegating their essay writing nursing tasks to professional writers. By doing so, students can receive high-quality papers that meet the standards of their academic program. This not only saves time and effort but also increases the chances of obtaining the desired diploma.
Last edited by Stone Halk on Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flagman888
level1
level1

Postby flagman888 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:55 pm

I know firsthand how tough a research paper can be. That's why I want to share this site https://mypaperdone.com/pay-someone-to-write-my-research-paper with you. Their team of experts is exceptional. They have a deep understanding of various subjects and consistently deliver high-quality assignments. If you're struggling with your assignment, they can make a real difference.

Return to “General”