[Suggestion] prison rape?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

christopher1006
level5
level5

Re: [Suggestion] prison rape?

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I tend to agree with Xander on this one. While you could have offered mechanical effects in the game, your main argument is that it'd be different and provocative. While there could be arguments for it, centered around how it affects the social standing and activity of the involved prisoners, you didn't actually suggest anything useful in your OP to indicate that a modicum of effort had been put in. Also, keep in mind that both Xander, myself, and many community members have seen literally dozens of posts with this suggestion. It was a big topic early in development, so the replies now tend to be more like exasperated sighs than anything else.
tid242
level0

Postby tid242 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 am

Really difficult for me to see how rape would make the game more a more worthwhile experience to play. I mean, people are already getting shanked for being a snitch, what more do you want?

If there was a whole new prisoner-wellbeing mechanic added, adding a whole lot more prisoner medical conditions would probably be a more worthwhile and challenging approach to take.

Infectious disease, too many geriatrics in prisons, excessively high rates of mental illness, etc. They've got a good start with acute illness, and alcohol/drug addiction..

But for me, this would be a lot more interesting than prisoners being assaulted in some new way (which, they're already assaulted a bizillion other ways anyway..)

cheers,

-tid242
MrKit678
level0

Postby MrKit678 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Well the creators kinda wanna keep it relatively PG but you could probably hunt for some mods to have this..

Return to “Community Members”