Laundry problem. No idea what to do, tried a lot of things.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

fghgfhgfhfg
level0

Laundry problem. No idea what to do, tried a lot of things.

Postby fghgfhgfhfg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:35 am

Image I tried to upload a picture of my prison for you guys, this is the result. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I just pasted the link to the uploaded image inbetween the Img tags.

Im playing Prison Architect on the Playstation 4. But whenever I make a topic on the ps4 prison architect forums, it does not get answered. So I am making the topic here. I think you alls fixes for this will still work on the playstation 4.

The issue that I am having is with laundry. My inmates used to do the laundry. Now they dont do anything, they just walk around in the laundry room when it is time to work.

I have tried re-classifying the laundry room as Laundry. I have tried rerouting their paths. I have deleted every laundry basket that I see. I have made their paths completely indoors. And after I made their paths completely indoors, now noone will even go inside the laundry room when it is work time. These are all things that I read might help. None of them helped.

The baskets are left all over my facility, and clothes, either dirty or folded, were left next to or in the baskets. I deleted all the baskets that I could find, like i said, via deleting everything that was on that square and rebuilding there, but I did not delete the square next to it that had the clothes on it. If I need to do that, I will. (I tried Dismantling the laundry baskets, but they all said they were "Qued to empty" or something similar and a construction guy never dismantled any of them, so I had to just delete everything on the square where the laundry baskets were.)

When new uniforms get delivered to the facility, noone brings them to the laundry room. They sit in the Deliveries area.

I have been trying to figure this out for about 2 or 3 days now. I run a max security prison and my prisoners are starting to lose it.

If anyone can help please help I dont know what to do lolz.

Edit: An update to this. I apparently didnt give the workers enough time to get to work when I reassigned them their laundry jobs earlier. They went to work, and (after deleting all of the laundry baskets) they did their job doing laundry for ONE day. But the next day, they refused to do laundry again. The laundry baskets are where they left them from the day before, and noone is doing laundry again. Other than deleting laundry baskets every day (which I cannot afford to do right now anyway, and it would be tedious to have to do that every day) and rescheduling them to work in the laundry room every day, I have no idea what to do.
fghgfhgfhfg
level0

Re: Laundry problem. No idea what to do, tried a lot of things.

Postby fghgfhgfhfg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:27 am

Please someone, if you can, help me
fghgfhgfhfg
level0

Re: Laundry problem. No idea what to do, tried a lot of things.

Postby fghgfhgfhfg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:24 am

Update. I got this working. I did not realize that since I only had about 17 prisoners, I only needed one laundry basket. The laundry workers were spreading out all of the clothes to all of the baskets, so none of them got full. If the baskets dont get full, they wont be delivered. so some clothes went into the baskets and they just sat there.

In the prison that this was an issue in, I deleted all but one laundry basket, but there were already clothes all over the prison, (not in cells where they belong, but in different places around the prison) so I think thats why going to one laundry basket didnt work. I started a new prison, and started with only one laundry basket. It works now! :)

Return to “General”