Prison architect on android phones

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

jjmann03
level0

Prison architect on android phones

Postby jjmann03 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:33 pm

I think getting the game on my phone would be very useful and I think I would play it a lot more as I won't have to be carrying my laptop with me too play the game.
eroark79
level0

Re: Prison architect on android phones

Postby eroark79 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 pm

You MUST live in the Netherlands or Sweden at the moment in order to play the game on Mobile. It will show up in the Play store, but unfortunately will not be able to be installed until it is released in the US.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:53 pm

The app is released worldwide now, but as it is for tablets only, it will still not work on Android phones (or iPhones). And even for tablets, there seem to be many restrictions. I could not find a list of requirements anywhere, but apparently all rooted devices are excluded as well as most older devices and possibly any tablets with screen sizes under 10 inch.

On my Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 5.1.1, the app is listed as not compatible. :(

EDIT: I still would be interested in the requirements and restriction. According to the Play Store, "Prison Architect: Mobile" requires Android 4.4, with no additional requirements given (though it is called the "tablet version" in the description). http://introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/does not give any information at all about the Android version, only linking the Play Store. https://www.paradoxplaza.com/prison-architect only shows the description from the Play Store (and the link to it actually takes me to iTunes on my PC; and iTunes, btw. lists 64-bit iPads as the only requirement). From Introversion, there doesn't seem to be any other information, neither here in there forum (where previous releases have been announced), nor on their main website, nor there was an email. On Twiter there were a couple of tweets, but with no technical information at all, and most only re-tweeting @PrisonArcMobile posts, an account which for compability only stated "We're trying to include as many devices as possible. Can't say for sure which ones will be compatible or not." and "A lot of people ask for the phone versions. Maybe in the future we'll release that but for now, it's pads and tablets."
So all my information about compatible devices are coming from the Play Store reviews and https://www.reddit.com/r/prisonarchitec ... s_released.

Some Android phones seem to be compatible (while others report the app not to be compatible on the same models): Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S7 and S8, Google Nexus 6P. For several other phone moels there are "won't work" reports.
Some Android tablets have mixed reports as well: Nvidia Shield K1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4.
Some Android tablets are reported to be compatible: Sony Xperia Z2, Lenovo Phab 2 Pro
Some Android tablets are reported to be not compatible: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:21 am

Well, anybody got any information about the system requirements of Prison Architect Mobile?

I'm basically waiting for the tablet version since it was first announced, and now I cannot play it, without any clue given why.
eroark79
level0

Postby eroark79 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm

I think honestly that by Introversion releasing the game to Paradox Interactive was one of the BIGGEST mistakes they could have made. It states the game is compatible with Android 4.4+ devices, but they only have about 5-6 devices compatible with the game, which is complete bulldoo!!!!!!!! Who in the hell is going to want to go out to HAVE to buy a new device to be able to play it. TOO resource intensive. THey need to make it more compatible with other devices

Return to “General”