[SUGGESTION] Direction or Front Arrows... on... EVERYTHING.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

KTHaven13
level0

[SUGGESTION] Direction or Front Arrows... on... EVERYTHING.

Postby KTHaven13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 pm

I want to see, when I am placing any object, an arrow to show me which way is the "front" of an object.

The reason is that when I place any object, like a jail door for example, I might want it to open in a specific direction.

For example, I like the double jail door design, but I also like being able place 2 single jail doors next to each other and they open in opposing directions. I actually have to scroll ALLLLL the way into the map and look at which way the tiiiiny shadow on the side of the lock is facing to see which way it is facing. Doors with handles on them are only slightly easier as I can tell which way they are facing (when they are up and down instead of sideways like they come up as by default, by looking at which way the door handle is facing. I cannot tell you how many times i have put a door in the wrong direction 3-4 times in a row.

Maybe an arrow pointing to the front of stationary objects like sinks and vending machines... and an arrow pointing in the direction the door will OPEN for doors... that way we can place any door so that it opens in that direction and we don't constantly get things like drink machines and cookers and fridges sitting facing a wall looking like a moron walked in and jacked up the place. :-P

Help us to make installing our stuff a little easier maybe please?

Thank you.

Return to “General”