Searching a person and rooms for items.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Bowdon
level0

Searching a person and rooms for items.

Postby Bowdon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:42 pm

I have 2 spy people and they have told me where all the contraband is inside the prison. How do I get the guards to go and find it all?

Also I have a metal detector as people come out of the reception area and it does trigger and a little circle appears when something is found. How do I search that person/item when its not a prisoner? Metal detectors are ok but they dont actually stop things coming in. Only telling me its there.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Searching a person and rooms for items.

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:48 am

1. When your confidential informers tell you where contraband is hidden in your prison, you have to manually search the cell or person in question (click on them and select "search prisoner" or "search cell" in the menu. Be aware though, that acting like that on any information gained through a confidential informer will increase his suspicion with the other prisoners. If they become too suspicios of him, he will be marked as a snitch and if you don't guard him 24/7 they will eventually kill him.

2. The colored circles in the contraband screen shows you where you have already found contraband, no need for further action on those. It's just a history screen whhich helps you determine where your prison security might need improvement.

3. Metal detectors that detect contraband will automatically make a guard search the prisoner/item that triggered it. They are pretty useful, but they have some limitations: a) They only detect metallic contraband and b) After being triggered, there is a couple of seconds delay before the detector will be able to detect the next piece of contraband. If five prisoners carrying metallic items run through the metal detector quickly after one another, only the first guy will get searched.

Return to “General”