Overheating?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Gaolulz
level0

Overheating?

Postby Gaolulz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 am

Hi all, after discovering that the game isn't fooled by reloading a saved game after selling a prison, I started a new prison with weather enabled a while back; and am having a lot of trouble getting the temperature right.
Basically the prisoners are either rioting because they're cold, or they're overheating...
In a large room with many windows and only 1 radiator or boiler, the prisoners are still at the maximum level of overheat even though it's between -1C and 4C.
Any advice is welcome, cheers.
Premu
level0

Re: Overheating?

Postby Premu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 am

Don't build boilers inside of a building, they provide a lot of heat which can't be controlled. Build them outside instead.
Alvaro
level0

Postby Alvaro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 am

I started I new prison today and got overhating problems too. For some reason the radiators heated the rooms to around 27°C, at an outside temperature of about 10°C.

After trying to disable all mods and installing windows, with no visible success, I dismantled the radiators and re-installed them, and they worked properly again, heating the rooms to about 20°C.

You may try that to?
Gaolulz
level0

Postby Gaolulz » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:02 am

Ah, I thought that may have been the problem, but wanted to check before making the changes.
I appreciate the replies guys, cheers and happy holidays : ]

Return to “General”