Game keeps crashing (PS4)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jokerboy719
level0

Game keeps crashing (PS4)

Postby Jokerboy719 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:03 am

Hello all,

I'm not sure if you'll be able to help, I need to get this off my chest. I got Prison Architect a little less than a month ago on the PS4. Noticed it lacked the Escape Mode feature that's on the PC version, but my gaming laptop is dead currently and I don't have the funds/time to fix it. Anywho, I spend a weekend building my first PS4 prison. After 20 or so hours of building, I decided it was time to open the prison, limited admittance, to test if I screwed up. As I was deleting some unnecessary panels, the game crashed for the first time. I got the CE-34878-0 Crash. Not to be deterred, I started it again. Crashed. Reported the problem with video and went online to fix the problem myself via Google.

So I did as they said:

[*]Check for updates
[*]Uninstall the game.
[*]Reinstall the game
[*]Do something with the PS4 database

Started the game up again, crashed. I got frustrated and stopped playing for a week, thinking they'd update. An update did eventually come, however, it was to add names to the game. Still frustrated, I turned on the game and studied the 35 seconds I had before it crashes, and realized it probably had to do with some random panels I had lying around to connect a corridor. I canceled the job, and Yay! No more crashing.

Earlier, I played for about an hour, again getting ready to open my prison up, and saved the game continuously, fearing a crash. Now I have another game breaking crash on my hands and can't figure it out (same error). It's just frustrating because I truly don't know how to fix this issue.

My PS4 is about a year old, Everything is updated (firmware and game), I replaced the HD about a month ago, before I got Prison A.; and I refuse to reinitialize my PS4 over one game.

I'm at a loss.

Return to “General”