Audio help

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

TopherEcks
level0

Audio help

Postby TopherEcks » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Hey guys,

I just bought this game from the Humble Jumble Bundle 7, and am having some odd audio problems.

I asked on the Steam forums yesterday, and no help was provided.

I'll cut and paste what I posted originally on the Steam Forums in here for you guys to see. As well as the updated information from what I figured out this morning.

Original Steam Community Post.
I have an issue with no audio when playing the game.

Here are the things I have tried.

1: Check settings in-game. Didn't work.
2: Check preference.txt. Didn't work.
3: Updated all my drivers. Didn't work.
4: Installed it on a different drive (Was originally installed on another drive, but some games don't like it when the game isn't installed on the same drive as steam) Didn't work.
5: Repeated 1 and 2 on the new drive. Also double checked drivers.
6: Double checked to see if there were any programs in the background that could be causing an issue. There weren't any.

The game only has audio in SAFE MODE. Which I would assume would be a driver problem. But I've checked my drivers multiple times, and everything is up to date. I don't see any other driver conflicts happening.

System Specs:
Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.3GHz
RAM: 8 GB
GFX: nVidia GeForce GTX 970

Help:(

Update to Steam Community Post
Update.

The sound is coming out of my computer monitor (through HDMI) through the nVidia High Definition Audio driver. Usually I mute the audio through my monitor, so this is possibly the reason I couldn't hear it.

However, it doesn't want to play through my Razor Kraken 7.1 Headset, and I would prefer to use that.

Things I've tried to solve this.

1. Set my Razor Kraken 7.1 to be the default playback device. Game ignores this, and only plays through nVidia High Definition Audio (My monitor)

2. Disabled all other audio devices, EXCEPT my Razor Kraken 7.1. No audio comes from the game at all after this. (Yet, everything else still works....)

New question..

How do I get the game audio to play through my Headset instead of the Monitor Speakers?

Can one of you guys help me out?

I have never encountered anything like this. I believe the answer lies somewhere between the nVidia High Definition Audio Drivers or the Razer Kraken 7.1 Driver, but I do not want to mess around too much with those just in case I totally screw my audio up.

This ONLY affects Prison Architect. It doesn't affect it in Safe Mode, nor does this affect ANY other game I own.

Thanks in advanced.
TopherEcks
level0

Re: Audio help

Postby TopherEcks » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 pm

I finally solved

It was because of the Razor Synapse. It auto muted the game for what ever reason. I just went into the Mixer (In Razor Synapse) and unmuted it.

Posting this just in case someone else is having the same issue as me and finds this post via google.

Return to “General”