Permanent punishment and smaller cells

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

erikwithak
level1
level1

Permanent punishment and smaller cells

Postby erikwithak » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:55 pm

So, I'm looking to build a super high capacity lock down type prison. I want to utilize the smaller cells and permanent punishment options from the lawyer, to keep prisoners locked up 24/7. But I can't find any info on the functionality of these systems, even after a wiki and forum search. My questions are:
1. How small can I make the cells?
2. How does the food system work with permanent punishment? Do I need a canteen? Just a kitchen? How big? How many cooks? Guards deliver the meals, right? How many guards are needed to deliver them? Do I need to put Eat into the regime to get them fed?

Thanks!
Bryan Swartz
level0

Re: Permanent punishment and smaller cells

Postby Bryan Swartz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 am

1. If you put everyone in solitary, a 1x1 cell is enough.
2. That depends on a lot of things; how many prisoners, how far they are from the kitchen, etc. Canteen won't be necessary if you deliver all the food, but since a good deal of this depends on your prison setup, it's really a trial and error thing for many aspects.
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 am

I think 2x2 would be the smallest to fit a bed and a toilet.

Why not do dorms with no pool tables?

If you are locking them down 24/7 you will need a shower in the room too, and you'll need TVs and rugs. It would be much better to just have them leave for food and playtime and work hours. You surely want them to reform so you can get those big reform early release bonuses yeah? So they need to work...

You will need a canteen too by the way and you will need a TONNE of guards. One guard takes one meal. He doesn't come back in my experience.
relix92
level1
level1

Postby relix92 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 pm

I would recommend a shower and bed for each cell.

Depending on what level of prisoners your intake demands, you'll want to consider additional luxuries such as TV.

Maximum Sec prisoners tend to be more volatile, even without that particular "reputation" listed for their personality.
You can change Max Sec to Norm or Minimum, but if they came in as Maximum Sec from the start, they'll still have that bite.

If you don't care about them banging on doors and destroying their cells on a regular basis, you really don't need anything.
Even for minimum security, they can become restless and violent in perpetually unsound conditions.

Return to “General”