Two noob questions

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Agarwel
level0

Two noob questions

Postby Agarwel » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:00 am

Hello,

Im new to PA. And when playing I encoutnered two problems and so far I did not find them mentioned in any guides or the topis (sorry if it was answered. I was not able to read / watch everything)
Im playing PS4 versins and so far I had two issues that are putting me away from this game (And I really want to like it):

1) When I create foundations and then from templates I plan several small cells next to each other, when they are finished, the final building is missing lots of wall titles. They get basically cancelled for some reason. So the rooms are not working. And I have to go look for the missing walls and build them again.
Is this happeneing to somebody else? Is this some bug? Or a feature I dont understand? Honestly it is really annoying when basically everything I build (with lots of walls) is broken.

2) When I start a new game, Im building a lot of course. Planning all the rooms... there is probably huge queue of work for my workforce.
And what happens very often is that they stop working completelly. Im not sure why. My suspicion is that there is basically grindlock in the warehouse and incoming area - I suspect that items for later tasks are already delivered (like toilets,...) and can not be used yet.. So they take whole area. So the material for a actual tasks (foundations, walls,...) can not be delivered anymore. Creating stallmate situation.
Is this true? Can this happen? Is this me playing the game wrong and am I supposed to plan and build the prison slower by smaller areas? Is planning big area at once wrong approach that can basically lead to game over?

Thanks a lot
yuk
level2
level2

Re: Two noob questions

Postby yuk » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:01 am

For point 1, I understand your pain. It drives me SO FARKING CRAZY. I also lose floor tiles and sometimes objects.

Your best bet is to lay down smaller sections (though not always) and not to use the priority feature unless it covers everything.

For issue 2, add a storage room in the center of your building area (just temporarily). Materials will appear there and they will move overflow there too :).

Return to “General”