Power problem

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Styrmir og Pétur
level0

Power problem

Postby Styrmir og Pétur » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:56 pm

i was playing the other night and suddenly all the electricity went off. So i bought another power generator(not close to the other one nor was it connected) and connected it to some of the power consuming things, like the kitchen and workshop, first i turned the capacitors on and then the power generator, however nothing happened and i was still without electricity so i tried to switch the older generator on(the capacitors first!) and it worked, the electricity was back on. However the new one was turned on but still blinking so i decided to turn it off and back on(capactitors first!!) but now all the electricty was now on, i tried to turn the oldern one on but i was still without electricity, please respond quickly and tell me if you have had similar problems, what you did to solve them:
yuk
level2
level2

Re: Power problem

Postby yuk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:49 am

Can you post a screenshot of your utility screen?

You can only hook so much up to the power thingies (zoom in and you'll see the green or red bars go up or down based on how much is being used). You will need to dismantle some wires to disconnect them and attach them to the other power thing....if both power thingies are connected to the same wires they will short eachother out.
Styrmir og Pétur
level0

Re: Power problem

Postby Styrmir og Pétur » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:49 pm

well thank you for your answer. However i solved the problem in a very noobish way. I deleted all my utility system and placed it again :)

Return to “General”