Bladder control???

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

EasyAce
level0

Bladder control???

Postby EasyAce » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Is it just me or do the prisoners have a seriously bad control over their own bladder??

In my prison, they eat from 6-8pm, then have freetime until 11pm.
Most of them choose to go to bed around 10pm and sleeps until 6pm.

When they wake up at 6am (when they goo from "sleep" to "locked up"), they pee and shit all over the prison...
They don't care that their cells have toilet - they don't even care to go on toilet before they go to bed "half full".

Some of them holds themselves until they reach the showers at 7am, when they pee and shit all over the showers so "nice prisoners" get dirty again.
Result is always trouble with Hygiene and comfort.

Can the Devs PLEASE make the prisoners able to at least hold of the pee and poop for the nights?
yuk
level2
level2

Re: Bladder control???

Postby yuk » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:56 am

Add toilet and showers to your yards and canteens. They will go after eating :).
relix92
level1
level1

Postby relix92 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:03 pm

I noticed this issue myself - and I believe I was able to fix it by issuing a single hour of lockdown directly as they've awoken, prior to 7am showers

As for holding in their urine and shit before bed/during sleep - I agree.
I notice sleeping inmates with bladder issues on a regular basis - this is something the developers really F'd up with.

Gang members are the worst, for some reason.
They certainly don't mind pissing and shitting outside of their cells.
It almost feels deliberate..
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:53 am

I reckon it's deliberate. Also if you don't "wake" them with a shower many won't wake up for lockdown, they will sleep in. Just add a block of showers and toilets to your canteen. As long as they're one block apart there's no fighting (except for gangs) :D. I like to put walls in between them because it helps a lot.
sirrliv
level0

Postby sirrliv » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:25 am

I was just thinking of posing this question. Glad other people are having the same issues so I know I'm not just going crazy or bad at prison design. I mean, I know I'm terrible at prison design, just now in this particular aspect.

I've tried everything you guys have suggested. I've seen prisoners erupt in piss and poo all over the cantine, at one point triggering the Great Poop Riot of 1873. So I tried adding toilet stalls to the cantine. Some prisoners will go to use them, but many more continue to hold it until they burst.

Prisoners were also blasting away in the showers, which admittedly tend to be pretty claustrophobic in my designs anyway. So I tried assigning an hour of lock-up time prior to the showers, but as you gentlemen have noted this did basically nothing to help the matter. Finally, out of desperation, I removed one of the shower heads and fitted a toilet in its place. This allowed a few prisoners to relieve themselves, but too many failed to take advantage of this convenience.

I haven't had too much problem with prisoners losing their loads on the factory floor, especially since I also fitted toilets in the workshops, but it still happens on occasion. And the janitors have a constant battle sweeping excrement off the streets. It's little short of a miracle (or an oversight by the devs, and/or a mod waiting to happen) that this situation hasn't led to an outbreak of cholera or some other disease in my prison.

At this point, I am at a loss. The only place where the provision of toilets has made much difference is in the yard, where prisoners will happily take advantage of the privies. Beyond that, I just don't know.
Jaxel
level0

Postby Jaxel » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:01 pm

This is something that real prisoners have been known to do, but only as a form of protest to abysmal prison conditions. "If they treat us like animals we will behave like animals," etc. The problem is the game bothers to model none of the consequences of this, nor is it a deliberate effect of treating your prisoners like dirt; they will do it whether they feel good about their treatment or not.

Return to “General”