Taskbar remains on top of the game in full screen mode.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

jacobtsmith
level0

Taskbar remains on top of the game in full screen mode.

Postby jacobtsmith » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Hello,

I am having a problem when running the game in full screen.
The taskbar remains on top of the game and I can't scroll down by moving the mouse.
It doesn't happen when I run other games. Just Prison Architect.

As you can see:

It goes away fine on other games as you can see:

I haven't made any weird changes to my graphics and I have updated my graphics card.

Any help will be appreciated, it's driving me mad.
Pennywise
level0

Re: Taskbar remains on top of the game in full screen mode.

Postby Pennywise » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:39 pm

I have same problem, as I understand, they are aware and I think it's on the bug-tracker.

Let's hope they get it sorted as soon as possible.
toez
level0

Postby toez » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:39 pm

This is still an issue as of 8/15, any news on why they have not fixed it?
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:55 am

It's not an issue with the game I don't think, it happens a lot.. first few links from google show it can be fixed so give these a try....

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/31779/fi ... correctly/

https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussio ... 68c4c6f440

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... dMYLChXeWk
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:22 am

toez wrote:This is still an issue as of 8/15, any news on why they have not fixed it?

Because they release new versions only on a roughly monthly basis unless it's a bug that renders the game truly unplayable. This one doesn't, just use windowed mode for the time being.
kraken980
level0

Postby kraken980 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
toez wrote:This is still an issue as of 8/15, any news on why they have not fixed it?

Because they release new versions only on a roughly monthly basis unless it's a bug that renders the game truly unplayable. This one doesn't, just use windowed mode for the time being.

I am glad this is on their radar but if I hadn't owned this game for as long as I have this would definitely qualify as game breaking and I would refund it. The game wont fit my screen properly in windowed mode and clicking anywhere the taskbar is tabbing me out in fullscreen ruins the game for me.Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
biship
level0

Postby biship » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm

I have a slightly different issue. The task bar isn't visibly, but clicking the Prison Architect buttons in the lower left actually click the taskbar icons... For some reason I can't log into the bug web site. No idea how to report this.
Zelyth
level0

Postby Zelyth » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:03 pm

I also agree, this makes the game pretty unplayable. Especially due to the fact that there are no hotkeys for the PA tools at the bottom of the screen. It's a bit difficult to play this game when I have to select the very tippy top of the button if I want to get anything done.
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:50 am

yuk wrote:It's not an issue with the game I don't think, it happens a lot.. first few links from google show it can be fixed so give these a try....

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/31779/fi ... correctly/

https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussio ... 68c4c6f440

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... dMYLChXeWk

Did anyone even try those solutions? Maybe try running the game in compatibility mode?
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:31 am

VoiD88 wrote:Just use windowed mode for the time being.
toez
level0

Postby toez » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:38 am

I've tried the above suggestions, and they don't work except for windowed mode. I cant really use that, it messes everything up for me, playable but almost as annoying as the taskbar click through. The compatibility mode seemed to work for a minute or two but then it started again. I think wait for update is the fix
stiles22
level0

Postby stiles22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:25 am

Windowed mode does not work for me.

This problem has gone on FAR too long, totally unacceptable that this has not been hotfixed yet. I do not care if they only do updates once per month...a hotfix would have been nice.

If I were able to ask for a refund at this time I would. This will be my first and only Introversion game purchase I believe. If there are errors in a future game I do not want to wait a month or longer until they are addressed and resolved.
toez
level0

Postby toez » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:00 am

stiles22 wrote:Windowed mode does not work for me.

This problem has gone on FAR too long, totally unacceptable that this has not been hotfixed yet. I do not care if they only do updates once per month...a hotfix would have been nice.

If I were able to ask for a refund at this time I would. This will be my first and only Introversion game purchase I believe. If there are errors in a future game I do not want to wait a month or longer until they are addressed and resolved.

I agree this is an issue that should have been hotfixed rather than sat on for a month, as it makes the game unplayable for many, but that's a bit harsh. They've been pretty good about updates, and I think it's because this is the last update coming that it's being handled this way. Any further issues will probably be dealt with immediately, as they are no longer planning any big updates, so this should be the last case of this happening. To reiterate though, I agree this should have been fixed ASAP.
latchedhorizon
level0

Postby latchedhorizon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:29 pm

i had this issue with the older GUI, but when selected the v2 GUI and restarted the game it seemed not to be an issue any more, might be worth a try :D

Return to “General”