Suggestions!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

AronGaming
level0

Suggestions!

Postby AronGaming » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 am

Hi there, I am a big fan of Prison Architect and I bought it late 2013. In that time, I have seen a truckload of updates and fresh content. For example, the heating mechanic and you are the prisoner (Which is pretty much a whole new game). So, I have decided to give you some ideas on how to improve the game. I have three main ideas I think would help improve your game.
  • Number 1: I think that the planning system should be overhauled, now you should click planning and enter a planning mode. In this, you have a full assortment of items, materials, and walls which you can place and if you have an accountant, it will also calculate the costs and you can temp hire some builders which automatically leave once the job is done. You can copy a whole cell block (Including electricity and pipes if you wish) and place it down somewhere else. Then you can save that plan in a section of the reports menu called plans (Original name.) Once you have enough money for it, you can start that plan and it will build it.
  • Number 2: I think that the you are a prisoner could do with an upgrade. More interaction with prisoners, trade items? Or a planned riot or escape tunnel without having to 'hire' them. You can also be assigned jobs and you can actually eat (Which still isn't a function. Come on! Eating!) You can also choose to be a snitch.
  • Finally, 3: This is a smaller one, but still I think is pretty important. In the regime, I would like that when you set a work hour, you can set an alternate, this is for people who don't have jobs, they could be set to have free time or lockup or yard.

I hope you implement these ideas in the future, but I wouldn't mind if you didn't. Well, I might a bit. Did you like these ideas? Or did you hate them? Comment below and I will receive your praise, ideas or hate.
yuk
level2
level2

Re: Suggestions!

Postby yuk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:03 am

I like the alternate regime.

Also rotating jobs would be great...I have 900 prisoners and it seems they're either 2% reformed or 50% because the same ones are taking the jobs first. I think I have 500 jobs now, but I have 2 work blocks and everyone starts in the cafeteria so it's not like these prisoners are always the closest to the jobs they're taking.
AronGaming
level0

Postby AronGaming » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:56 am

yuk wrote:I like the alternate regime.

Also rotating jobs would be great...I have 900 prisoners and it seems they're either 2% reformed or 50% because the same ones are taking the jobs first. I think I have 500 jobs now, but I have 2 work blocks and everyone starts in the cafeteria so it's not like these prisoners are always the closest to the jobs they're taking.

It's a shame though because PA have just said they are on their last release (2.0) www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2e1zciptdI&
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Hopefully they bring out more managerial games. A school maybe! Or a hospital! Theme hospital is being redone as CorsixTH BUT if they reimagined it it could be 100 times better.
AronGaming
level0

Postby AronGaming » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 pm

yuk wrote:Hopefully they bring out more managerial games. A school maybe! Or a hospital! Theme hospital is being redone as CorsixTH BUT if they reimagined it it could be 100 times better.

Yeah, I hope they do.

Return to “General”