Death Row Inmates Don't Turn Up?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Lust
level0

Death Row Inmates Don't Turn Up?

Postby Lust » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:25 am

This bug is kinda new in my save where I have already had death row inmates and they have been executed etc.

However now it seems whenever a death row inmate is scheduled to for the next intake they don't show up. For example I will have 10 normal security and a death row inmate due for intake, at the time the busses appear I am paid $7,500 insinuating that the death row inmate should be on a bus but only the 10 normal security are there and the death row is no where to be seen.

Could tell me if there is a fix or if my save is bugged and can't be fixed?
StormPoet
level1
level1

Re: Death Row Inmates Don't Turn Up?

Postby StormPoet » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm

First you may wanna take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=59836&p=606017&hilit=death+row#p606017
It covers most of the issues that can cause what you are seeing in game. Namely my response regarding how intake works: As soon as the bus with prisoners hits the edge of the screen the intake numbers change to whatever the next days intake is supposed to be. If you follow the bus down to where the prisoners get off you should see the prisoner you are looking for. Also take note of your Todo list. It should list any Death Row inmates and their clemency status.

The only way I know to fix this involves modifying the saved game file which is a text document. It was mentioned in a similar thread. Here is a quote from that thread:

Lezchill wrote:Hey guys, I figured it out. I was comparing the save files of my real prison and the unlimited funds prison, and I found this in the real one:

Code: Select all

BEGIN Intake     
    IntakeType           3 
    IntakeNum            1 
    DeathRowBlocked      0 
    BEGIN Categories
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory MinSec  Pool 100  Ratio 0.0000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory Normal  Pool 100  Ratio 0.0000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory MaxSec  Pool 100  Ratio 0.0000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 18  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory DeathRow  Pool 2  Ratio 0.3216593  NextIntake 1  Queue 7  NumNITGs 0  END
    END
END

The two non-zero Queue sections were zeroes on my unlimited funds, and so I changed them to zeroes on my real prison, and sure enough the next prisoner was a death row!

I have no idea what changes Queue in game, and I don't know if changing it is cheating or not, but I'm just really happy I found it out

First you need to open the .prison file with notepad or some other simple text editor. Then do a search for the words in the document that match what factor you are trying to change (Ctrl + F). Here you would search for DeathRow or Intake since these are the things you are having issues with.

Now if you take a look at the coding above there are 2 things you need to look at here. First is the Pool and the next is the Queue. You need to increase the Pool here so that it has more Death Row inmates available to come to your prison. The Queue needs to be increased as well but I think that can be changed on your intake screen in game. Save the file and close it then reload your game save.

REMEMBER: Before you do anything make a backup file and put it somewhere safe in case any changes you make cause more conflicts.

Good luck.

Return to “General”