Food distribution logistics & multiple canteens

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

KocLobster
level0

Food distribution logistics & multiple canteens

Postby KocLobster » Tue May 24, 2016 12:00 am

I attempted to search google and these forums, but have come up empty on how you're supposed to do this, only that you're able to. I don't understand how one is supposed to assign a kitchen to multiple canteens and/or nurseries. When you first make a kitchen and multiple canteens, or before you have unlocked Micromanagement, the kitchen is automatically assigned to serve all of your canteens/nurseries. However, once you mess around with it in any way, there does not seem to be a way to get it back to normal.

Whenever I click a kitchen in the food distribution and then select a canteen/nursery, it assigns a yellow line to indicate that it will serve food to that location (good, that's normal). However, if I then go ahead and try and repeat the process for a second canteen or nursery, it eliminates the first yellow line, and will only serve food to the newly selected canteen/nursery (bad). I don't understand how you're supposed to assign a kitchen to serve food to multiple locations. I get the error of "There are no kitchens capable of sending food to this canteen.' Here is a picture to help explain the problem.

http://imgur.com/a/mOubJ

In the past I've always just accepted that I have to make a new kitchen for every single canteen, and be forced to make small kitchens because of it. However, I am no giving the female prisoners prison a shot, and I really don't want to have to make a 2nd kitchen just to serve food to a nursery (and like 10 mothers).

Can someone please explain exactly how you're supposed to assign a kitchen to multiple canteens? I would of assumed that you could make a yellow line to multiple canteens/nurseries, but it doesn't work like that for me in my game.
MFWIC
level2
level2

Re: Food distribution logistics & multiple canteens

Postby MFWIC » Tue May 24, 2016 3:01 am

Zip up your prison and put it on dropbox or some other file hosting place. The only thing that comes to mind for me is insufficient kitchen capacity.
KocLobster
level0

Postby KocLobster » Tue May 24, 2016 7:23 pm

I appreciate your help in both my threads. I had worried I wouldn't receive support because these forums, honestly, look kinda inactive.

Anyways, I figured out what was wrong, problem solved. Nothing was actually wrong, I just needed to right click my kitchen and let it auto-assign. That seems to be the only way to allow it to serve multiple canteens. Unfortunately, I figured this out after I'd already built a small, unnecessary kitchen as a fix.
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Tue May 24, 2016 11:20 pm

no its not the only way

you can hold the shift - key and click at other canteens to connect multiple canteens to a kitchen.

same counts for canteen - cells, laundry - cellblocks

Return to “General”