Protective custody (and presumably SuperMax too)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

KocLobster
level0

Protective custody (and presumably SuperMax too)

Postby KocLobster » Fri May 20, 2016 9:26 pm

I am using PA version 1, update 6 (the most recent update available). I seem to be having an issue with setting certain cells/dorms as protective custody. The way I understand it, zoning an area as protective custody will make it so that only prisoners that are ranked as protective custody will be able to enter that area, and no other prisoners can enter that area. However, it does not seem to make them automatically switch to one of the cells/dorms available in that area. I have a guy that I ranked as protective custody, and yet he continues to live in one of the dorms in my gen pop area. How can I force him to start living in one of the dorms or cells that I have zoned as protective custody. As it stands, I basically have a small section of the jail where no prisoners are allowed to go because the protective custody prisoners don't seem to realize that they should be living over there, no in gen pop.

Am I missing something? How do I fix it so that my PC prisoners are forced to live in the area I designated as PC only? Can prisoners ranked as PC live in PC zoned areas only if they are cells, not dorms?

Thanks for your help community. :)
Trixi
level2
level2

Re: Protective custody (and presumably SuperMax too)

Postby Trixi » Sun May 22, 2016 8:59 am

in shared cells there are all kind of security levels allowed, so i would recommend to set all cells/dorms/holding cells to a special security level.

Also you should build a staff only airlock to prevent the protective to move out of the protective area.
KocLobster
level0

Postby KocLobster » Mon May 23, 2016 2:30 am

I'm sorry but your post did not make a lot of sense to me. I don't think you really addressed my question at all to be honest.
MFWIC
level2
level2

Postby MFWIC » Mon May 23, 2016 7:23 pm

KocLobster wrote:Am I missing something? How do I fix it so that my PC prisoners are forced to live in the area I designated as PC only? Can prisoners ranked as PC live in PC zoned areas only if they are cells, not dorms?

It's a bug and it's been assigned in mantis. It will probably be fixed in the next update.
KocLobster
level0

Postby KocLobster » Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Thank you very much for the clarification, it is much appreciated. I did not realize that PA had a bug tracker; this is cool to find out. I don't understand why the public would not be allowed access to it though.
MFWIC
level2
level2

Postby MFWIC » Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 pm

KocLobster wrote:Thank you very much for the clarification, it is much appreciated. I did not realize that PA had a bug tracker; this is cool to find out. I don't understand why the public would not be allowed access to it though.

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/signup_page.php

Return to “General”