Steam edition wont download alpha 34 PLEASE HELP!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

hwseps
level0

Steam edition wont download alpha 34 PLEASE HELP!

Postby hwseps » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Hello, I have been apart of Prison Architect since around Alpha 26 or 27 (I purchased the game on steam) The game has always updated automatically with each new alpha but with Alpha 34 whatever I do it wont update. If someone could please help me that would be great. (I run a Windows 8.1 PC if that helps)
Adenauer
level1
level1

Re: Steam edition wont download alpha 34 PLEASE HELP!

Postby Adenauer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:28 am

Here are a few possible solutions:

1) Select the "Always keep this game up to date" option in the Properties of Prison Architect
2) If the above is already the default, it might be because Steam has scheduled the download of the update to be some time later, which you can verify by looking at Prison Architect on your game list, and if it says "Update Queued or Required", right click it, click on "Manage Downloads", then start the download manually.
3) Uninstall the game, then re-download it.
Geszad
level0

Postby Geszad » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 pm

I have the same problem here. doesnt help reinstalling it nor is an update shown.
MaGicBush
level0

Postby MaGicBush » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:59 am

Same issue here as well, I decided to start playing again after a very long Hiatus. It's stuck on Alpha 33, and I am pretty disappointed as I wanted to play tonight :(.

*edit* Nevermind I still have the option for gangs when making a new prison so obviously it updated to 34. The in-game escape menu however still shows the Alpha 33 information as the lastest and is probably confusing people. It seems that was not updated lol.
Adenauer
level1
level1

Postby Adenauer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:27 am

Ahh, that makes sense as well. The version of the game can be seen at the bottom left of the menu accessed via the Esc key.

Return to “General”