My thoughts (Played 11h)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

HeroBiX
level0

My thoughts (Played 11h)

Postby HeroBiX » Wed May 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Hello,

I bought the game a couple of days ago (2 days ago to be exact) and it is a game right up my ally and it is. This is after watching lets play videos on youtube to get a sense of the game and how it is played.

The introduction to the game, when you see the life of the prisoner which is going to be executed, reminds me of the movie shawshank redemption. Great small story with great pieces of art to enhance the experience and the story.

I think the introduction was a bit slow, specially the NIS sequence, I was sitting and thought to myself: COME ON! I want to play the game! and I did not want to skip the NIS sequence, because I like story, but it could be a bit shorter and not hurt the story itself.

My biggest frustration, which almost made me stop playing the game, you have the 2 different options of creating wall. One is creating the foundation and then when you done that, you can start using the other walls to separate the room that you used created. i did not understand how this was suppose to work until 1h and 3 restarts of the game. I thought I could just use the 2nd wall (that is not the base structure) and make rooms with that and no where is it explained that you need to first build the foundation and then the walls. Because for me, dosn't make sense to have both. I could see the game sense when you have build a room or you select it and tell the game it is a room instead of going through the whole hazel of having one separate part that is just to build the foundation.

When finally figuring out that, I got annoyed that I could not select mutiable objects, example: to dismantle a whole kitchen area, takes long time and a lot of clicking, because I can't make an area selection and then press dismantle. Same goes when they cut down trees and I want to sell that wood, thats a lot of clicking. This is something I would love to be implemented, would make the gameplay so much easier.

Their is a bug/bugs around kitchen and eating area, I want to see that you can make a big kitchen that can support different kitchen areas. (wrote a bit about it here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53050) Would be cool to see somehow what the status of the meal is and where the food is going, might already exist as many of the other suggestions.

I would love to see the schedule for the prisoner, that you can open it up in full screen view when you want to change and schedule all different ranks of prisoners. At the moment you can only see 2 at the time.

another one would be that you can have one room to contain 2 different types of prisoner. At the moment you can restrict it to only one of the different ranks.

When you hover over the different rooms, the selection area to tell the game what type of room it is, would love to see more description of how they work and what they are for. Do I need a jail door? normal door? Staff door? who can access it? who can work in it?

Don't get me wrong here, I love the game, even if I told myself to not play more of it tonight, I will probably do that. Why I shouldn't, because I work as a Tester for Triad Wars at United Front Games and play games for min 40h a week, thats a lot of screen time.

I love the managing part of the whole thing and the art is awesome, simple but still great =) Thanks for making an awesome game!

Return to “General”