Suggestion Trucks

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

KBullet
level0

Suggestion Trucks

Postby KBullet » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:26 pm

I would like to be able to redirect Trucks from the Mainstreet into the prison, and with that making delivery bays for different kinds of items possible. I think it could give the prison some more indepth planning.
TechnoUser
level1
level1

Re: Suggestion Trucks

Postby TechnoUser » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:04 pm

YES,YES,YES, TOTALLY AGREE! >:C
KBullet
level0

Postby KBullet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:33 pm

:D It's nice to have someone agree on that already! With a little luck and more replys maybe someone will notice.
NOTICE ME SENPAI!!
xD
TechnoUser
level1
level1

Postby TechnoUser » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:19 pm

I've always wanted that for a long time, also it's quite logical for a car to follow the road but it could break if there is no route so it's quite hard for the developers. :c
DJdobo
level0

Postby DJdobo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:32 pm

I would like to have that, too!
KBullet
level0

Postby KBullet » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Now that i think about it, that would result into more sprites... :?
I think it wouldn't be that hard if you use the same system as the patrols... With that every Truck[Type] is defined a special route that can be changed... like assigning heavyarmored or normal troops to patrols, just with more diverity
If no route is set, then it just goes it's normal route like always. Maybe add a miscellaneous route for every Trucktype not yet defined. Also for the sake of less bugs you can make it so if you close the "Truckroute"Interface with a route
not connecting up to the road exit it will revert to default or miscellaneouse [if already defined]. For the sake of people who don't want to deal with it we can make it part of the newly added "Logistics"-Unlock.

After writing all this i noticed what exactly your problem was... :oops:
This could certainly turn into a problem...
The only thing i could think of is above mentioned system or special tiles that the trucks would follow, like visitors that only walk on the tiles but not on the road...
But there's certainly a way that is easy to use and creative and i believe, that the developers could come up with something... or just use ideas above that are certainly easy... :P
KTHaven13
level0

Postby KTHaven13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Oooohhhh my God YES PLEASE! I did not know this was not yet a thing... and burned something like $10k on a nice pretty road coming into my prison and everything... Thankfully I had Forestry up and running already so my workers and 2 gardeners are sitting there making me money hand over fist... but now that big long pretty road I built is completely useless as the driver and workers just walk everything from the trucks to the deliveries section... and I built this on a LARGE scale map too so they have to walk like 40+ squares just to get to deliveries and reception and then walk BACK 40 more! Slowed my progression WAY down. :-/
jjmann03
level0

Postby jjmann03 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 pm

I agree, great idea :D :D

Return to “General”