The Angriest Prisoner of them all

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

WyDavies
level2
level2

The Angriest Prisoner of them all

Postby WyDavies » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:58 pm

I set up a ridiculous prison back in Alpha 24. It was a 6x12 Holding Cell with 1000 prisoners! I thought it was funny, but ultimately not very impressive. So to compensate I'm going big (and long and hard) - trying to get a working prison that can hold 2000 prisoners.

I started off easy on myself and began only letting in low-risk inmates. They'll be nice guys right? No hassle, can leave them alone and all will be fine, right?
Almost straight off fighting. Shortly afterwards more fighting. Then even more fighting. I gradually realise it is all centered on one guy. Because I don't want inmates totally suppressed and creeping around in slow-motion I've got short punishments. So this guy gets out of solitary and an hour later - fight! destruction! escape attempt! Search him and weapons, drugs, the lot.

I was so puzzled by this that I opened up the savegame file and looked at this guy's entry to see if he had some hidden traits or reputations to explain this. But nope. According to the file he should be running around with a song in his heart, kissing puppies and frollicking through the flowers in the garden.
I load the game up and he's punching tables in the canteen and then attacks a guard.

So, my question is this:

Is there a line of code in the game that says - If inmate name equals "Mark Morris" then turn him into a frothing mouthed ball of rage?
Park501
level0

Re: The Angriest Prisoner of them all

Postby Park501 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:53 am

it could be a specific for that character, but I suspect that its a trait of your character, every now and than you will discover traits of some of your prisoners, some are extra strong and will hurt you more, some fight more, some are ex-police or a snitch and more likely to be killed, etc, I think this may have been what you had
Cloudedmirror
level0

Postby Cloudedmirror » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Sounds like you have an Instigator on your hands. You might want to separate him from the others by making a small set of normal 2x3 cells and denoting them "max only" and then bumping him up to Max security. That should help decrease the fights greatly.
WyDavies
level2
level2

Postby WyDavies » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 am

Haven't checked this post since I created it.
The guy didn't have any traits. I can read XML and have been editing the save files to fix things - such as the never-ending hearses and permanent solitary dudes. His attributes were all normal and a high boiling point and all his needs were being met. But he constantly went super-angry.
For some reason that stopped once I shipped in 200 max risk prisoners and had several legendary prisoners (all had moustaches! Is that a thing?) and then he calmed down and behaved.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:21 am

Having more prisoners lowers the amount of riots because the average temperature is lower, that might be your issue
retrogamer
level0

Postby retrogamer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 pm

WyDavies wrote:had several legendary prisoners (all had moustaches! Is that a thing?)

Of course having facial hair is legendary! lol
kalkkuna
level0

Postby kalkkuna » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Spotted Mark too. He was wearing stupid "double hat" when arrived in car :) Then things start "happen" in my peace nest.

Btw Mark was able to kill some other special face prisoner, unharmful looking 61 year old man... Mark was lucky that chair is not operational and I sale my prison for new one.

A27 is my 1st try and this is real fun. One my top 10 games and started playing 1982...

--- edit ---

Workshop education was also too much for Mark. Saw operating training failed due the attitude...

Return to “General”