General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

rlgjiojgboirtjnb
level2
level2

Rotation Principle Prison - using all the newest PA features

Postby rlgjiojgboirtjnb » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Heya,

this is my newest prison featuring all of the new design concepts introduced in the last few alphas.

The Prison is designed on the concept of a shared canteen and yard for Min/Med/MaxSecurity-Prisoners but without having them mingle in those rooms. They rotate the usage of both rooms and have dedicated access ways and thereby ensure a low risk enviroment. Protective Custody and SuperMax prisoners are seperated entirely.

Detailed explanation in the posted album.

https://imgur.com/a/t8yB2

Id like to hear any critique, questions or ideas you guys might have!

Regards

PS: Steam workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =327763709
Medu_Salem
level1
level1

Re: Rotation Principle Prison - using all the newest PA feat

Postby Medu_Salem » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Awesome prison! :D

I'm actually designing something similar to this currently... but with some little layout differences & regime differences obviously.^^

One question though:

I haven't experimented around with the door control timers... but would it be possible to close them for various times of the day thereby preventing them from free roaming into the canteen/yard while having an free-time scheduled or would they still try to get to the canteen/yard but clog at the closed door desperately waiting for it to get opened? xD
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:20 am

Medu_Salem wrote:Awesome prison! :D

I'm actually designing something similar to this currently... but with some little layout differences & regime differences obviously.^^

One question though:

I haven't experimented around with the door control timers... but would it be possible to close them for various times of the day thereby preventing them from free roaming into the canteen/yard while having an free-time scheduled or would they still try to get to the canteen/yard but clog at the closed door desperately waiting for it to get opened? xD

they clog waiting for door to be opened
Medu_Salem
level1
level1

Postby Medu_Salem » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 am

RichieGrape wrote:they clog waiting for door to be opened

Yeah noticed that already when experimenting around last night. Caused a massive disaster in one of my prisons... xD

Too bad though... hope that this gets fixed soon... maybe with U26 or U27... because it would be quite a shame if that bug/thing remains half a year in the game preventing the door timers from living up to their name.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Medu_Salem wrote:

Yeah noticed that already when experimenting around last night. Caused a massive disaster in one of my prisons... xD

Too bad though... hope that this gets fixed soon... maybe with U26 or U27... because it would be quite a shame if that bug/thing remains half a year in the game preventing the door timers from living up to their name.

maybe we need a new door type to go with the door timer..a NO ACCESS door ....door acts like a wall (no pathfinding through it) unless its locked open
rlgjiojgboirtjnb
level2
level2

Postby rlgjiojgboirtjnb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Medu_Salem wrote:

Because of this prison i actually submitted this as a bug in Mantis, go support it if you want it fixed faster:

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=6502

(though tbh im not entirely sure how relevant the "votes" are looking at recent bug fixes....)
Medu_Salem
level1
level1

Postby Medu_Salem » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:58 pm

RichieGrape wrote:maybe we need a new door type to go with the door timer..a NO ACCESS door ....door acts like a wall (no pathfinding through it) unless its locked open

Yeah... but it would be nice if the existing remote door would act like this when it realizes that it is connected to a door timer...^^

rlgjiojgboirtjnb wrote:Because of this prison i actually submitted this as a bug in Mantis, go support it if you want it fixed faster:

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=6502

(though tbh im not entirely sure how relevant the "votes" are looking at recent bug fixes....)

Yeah put my support on the issue already a few days ago. ^^

Return to “General”