armed guards just standing around?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

erikwithak
level1
level1

armed guards just standing around?

Postby erikwithak » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, or just a design flaw that needs to be worked out, or something I'm doing wrong.
I hired a couple armed guards. Put one on a patrol, but the rest I want to wander my whole prison. But, it seems, without a patrol route assigned, they just stand around. Unless there is a fight in the area near them, of course.

Any ideas to fix this? Outside of making my entire prison a patrol area?
spectacularnono18
level2
level2

Re: armed guards just standing around?

Postby spectacularnono18 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:34 am

Mine don't even move if there's a fight 3 meters from him. Its a bug.

Same for some guards.
erikwithak
level1
level1

Postby erikwithak » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:55 am

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten into bug forum yet. But, I'm sure it's already been reported in that car haha
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:12 am

i don't think its a bug..they weren't designed to roam..they are only designed to be set to a patrol route
theweef02
level0

Postby theweef02 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:07 pm

You MUST assign them to a patrol or move them manually. I like have a few on patrols then maybe 2 back-ups chilling near the entrance, but can always be swapped out
erikwithak
level1
level1

Postby erikwithak » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks! I'm actually starting to like the way they act more now. In my current prison, I just have one standing in the armory, so he's there if I need him. That way I knew where to find him if I need him quickly. But I don't want him suppressing my prisoners, since they are pretty happy as is, and I'm trying to get the education grant finished
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:38 pm

erikwithak wrote:Thanks! I'm actually starting to like the way they act more now. In my current prison, I just have one standing in the armory, so he's there if I need him. That way I knew where to find him if I need him quickly. But I don't want him suppressing my prisoners, since they are pretty happy as is, and I'm trying to get the education grant finished

when your armed guards get tired they go to the armory....so if you have 2 patrols set up and 3 armed guards..eventually you will end up with your "free" guard standing in the armory waiting to relieve one of the other two
scout15
level1
level1

Postby scout15 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:27 am

The whole armed guard thing is kind of flawed to begin with. Having guards with guns wandering the prison halls (alone I might add) is a disaster waiting to happen.

Realistically COs only go into the prison with weapons as part of a SORT team to respond to a serious incident.

Return to “General”