Just a quick question

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

BlazingHeart
level0

Just a quick question

Postby BlazingHeart » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:53 pm

I don't actually have the game, but for when I get it, I'm trying to imagine how I would build my prison (courtesy of Stuff+, I can literally visualise it).

So my question is: If you put a door controller and a door timer on a server for one door. And you set the timer to close at say 6:00pm to 7:00pm, will the Door controller still be able to open up that same door? Or will it remain locked, as it will alter how I build my prison.

Edit: Actually, if you put a door server on a door, will it automatically close until obviously reopened because someone goes through it, if you know what I mean.

If you haven't noticed already, what I'm actually trying to do is, I want the door to be closed for every cell in a cell block, and when the Prisoner tries to go to his cell, the guard obviously opens the door, but at the same time, I want it to be so the door cannot be opened at certain times by someone trying to go through it.
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: Just a quick question

Postby knoest26 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I think the answer to your question is no. I believe you want to know whether a doortimers can also lock doors but they can't. Doortimers will either force a door open or not open the door, it can't keep a door locked
BlazingHeart
level0

Re: Just a quick question

Postby BlazingHeart » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:27 pm

knoest26 wrote:I think the answer to your question is no. I believe you want to know whether a doortimers can also lock doors but they can't. Doortimers will either force a door open or not open the door, it can't keep a door locked

Ahh right, I guess I'll just have to use Door Openers and servers, and scrap Door Timers.

Thank you :)

Return to “General”