When I make a cell it says its not enclosed wtf

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

MCassassin11
level0

When I make a cell it says its not enclosed wtf

Postby MCassassin11 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 am

Csn someone read this because i think it a bug and its really make me can devs plz read :evil:
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: When I make a cell it says its not enclosed wtf

Postby RGeezy911 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am

Hi MCassassin11,

Without a screenshot, I can only guess at what the problem is.

First, you might have made a common error made by many new players. The door to the cell should not be zoned, so enter the rooms menu and hold the right mouse button to unmark the room tile underneath the jail door. Imagine the door like one of the surrounding walls, it should not be zoned. Second, make sure you are zoning the whole room and not just one tile. While in the rooms menu, click and hold to drag a box of where you want rooms to be.

Cheers!
Mighty Gaz
level0

Postby Mighty Gaz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 pm

well here's one of mine. says its not enclosed, and my workmen have also stopped doing anything, they just walk about, but wont do jobs.

MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Mighty Gaz wrote:well here's one of mine. says its not enclosed, and my workmen have also stopped doing anything, they just walk about, but wont do jobs.

You either need to include the shower areas in the holding cell zone or separate them from the holding cell with doors.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi Mighty Gaz,

You also have to expand the Holding Cell where the drains and shower heads are. Don't worry, the prisoners will still use the shower heads during free time, but if you want to add a whole shower room to the holding cell, you need to separate the rooms with a door.

Cheers!

Ninja'd by Madman!
Mighty Gaz
level0

Postby Mighty Gaz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:52 pm

the other problem was they wouldn't build the walls and doors i ordered to try that. gave up, and restarted, given this was before i had prisoners.
Kunovega
level1
level1

Postby Kunovega » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:05 pm

You really don't need a holding cell that large. It looks like you are trying to create a bunk room.

All that time and effort could have been put into making individual cells, which is what the prisoners want anyway.

Keep the holding cell small and simple, your prisoners should not be spending more than a day in it before being moved to their own cells
TheIsingGuy
level0

Postby TheIsingGuy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 am

You have to close up the cell, put showers in a separate closed room with a door on it.
SjoerdxD
level0

Postby SjoerdxD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Kunovega wrote:You really don't need a holding cell that large. It looks like you are trying to create a bunk room.

All that time and effort could have been put into making individual cells, which is what the prisoners want anyway.

Keep the holding cell small and simple, your prisoners should not be spending more than a day in it before being moved to their own cells

You can do that, but prisoners can get a lot of needs such as: sleep and privacy. the best thing is tho built a holding cell forever, with 10 beds in it

Return to “General”