[Bug] Dog Handler get stuck while patroling

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

zupalex
level0

[Bug] Dog Handler get stuck while patroling

Postby zupalex » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Hello, I did a quick search and I did not find a topic associated to the bug I am encountering.

When I put my Dog Handlers to patrol outside, they always end up beeing "stuck". They stop moving and become totally unresponsive. I can(t make them move. The only way to make them actually do something is to fire them. And this happens each time I assign a Dog Handler to a patrol.

Cheers
Disda
level1
level1

Re: [Bug] Dog Handler get stuck while patroling

Postby Disda » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Hey man, thanks for the post and welcome to the forums.

The way they have things set up is super janky here,

1) This isn't the "real" forums. You can read more about the "developer" forums in the post title "This isn't the alpha forums". Long story short, they wanted to keep the non paying people away from the paying people and came up with that solution.
2) You need to register your game copy in order to access the real forum, this will allow you to view other posts and topics that the broader community has posted. And _that's_ going to be the correct place to post.
3) Well... except not really... they don't allow multiple discussions of previously reported bugs. So you'll need to search the entire forums and scrounge through all of the bug reports in order to see if any of them are representative of your issue. If so, they would prefer you keep any comments about the bug in that thread (yes, even if it's years old and way dead) (but this is probably why your search didn't come up with anything).
4) If you don't find a thread representative of your issue, that's when you can post a new thread opening a discussion about the bug.
5) Well... I think... Maybe not... if it's ACTUALLY a bug that hasn't been reported, you'll need to enter into the Mantis bug tracker system. This will require Another registration to access that system.
6) If you make a new post, and report the bug - you'll need to try and monitor how many upvotes it gets within the tracking software. Convince people to login and vote for your bug and it'll get fixed. (Like Dancing with the stars... except no dancing and no stars)
7) But more than likely, someone somewhere has reported something similar. The best way for you to influence this particular bug is for you to register for the new forums, search the new forums for similar issues, register for the mantis tracking tool, search the mantis tracking tool for the issue, upvote the issue yourself.

I "THINK" that's the way you're officially supposed to do it. (I'm still learning the best way, I've only been here a week)

But ultimately, I wanted to make sure you knew your feedback was appreciated and thank you for the post.
Welcome to the dysfunctional community of Prison Architect!

--Disda
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:12 pm

As Disda pointed out, this is not the Prison Architect Developer Forum---you will need to register your game key with the forum software in order to gain access. Since Disda didn't give you the links, the following should help:

Once you get your forum account sorted, you may also want to get yourself set up to access the Mantis bug tracker, which will allow you to report the bug you are experiencing, or see if someone else has done so. I think that this report may be relevant.

xander
zupalex
level0

Postby zupalex » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello guys,

Thanks a lot for all of these enlightments. I was a bit puzzled about the fact that I was not seeing a lot a bug related thread here, now I understand why. I will follow your procedure and re-post it again in the correct place.

Thanks again for your time!

Return to “General”