Getting Prisoners to Start Programs

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

SuwinTzi
level0

Getting Prisoners to Start Programs

Postby SuwinTzi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 pm

I have things set up for basic education, kitchen hygiene and workshop, but I've a dismal number of people passing and no one is interested anymore (only 2 passed the basic education, out of 26...)

So anyone have advice on what drives interest in programs? If it's based off meeting needs, then roughly 60-70% of my pop has all their needs satisfied. Or does prisoner security level drive something too? Almost all my prisoners are at this point max security, and my income is derived off of them.

Is there some sort of hidden attribute or stat that drives interest, or what should I be doing in the prison to drive that?
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: Getting Prisoners to Start Programs

Postby knoest26 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:16 am

whether prisoners are interested is based on their personal traits (which aren't visible to us(in-game)), their chance of passing is based off their attendance and concentration, being influenced by there needs.

To increase the number of prisoners that are interested you could download something like this which makes all the programs mandatory, so prisoners are forced into entering the program.
Mushroomgorge
level0

Postby Mushroomgorge » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 am

Also the happier your prisoners are the more likely they are going to pass the program
SuwinTzi
level0

Postby SuwinTzi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:56 am

I was getting good "happy" reports, averaging around 130 out of 339 prisoners. My layout was pretty poor though, so was having problems getting prisoners fed.

Speaking of that, does meal quality affect anything other than "well fed"? Does "well fed" state drive into "happiness"? Might've been a coincidence but I was getting higher happy reports with Medium Variety meals.

Edit:
Also, does suppression affect mood? All of my prisoners are suppressed constantly, does that alter concentration?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:19 am

SuwinTzi wrote:I was getting good "happy" reports, averaging around 130 out of 339 prisoners. My layout was pretty poor though, so was having problems getting prisoners fed.

Speaking of that, does meal quality affect anything other than "well fed"? Does "well fed" state drive into "happiness"? Might've been a coincidence but I was getting higher happy reports with Medium Variety meals.

Edit:
Also, does suppression affect mood? All of my prisoners are suppressed constantly, does that alter concentration?

Would being well fed or being suppressed affect your mood?
SuwinTzi
level0

Postby SuwinTzi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:50 am

Personally? Don't care as long as I get fed period and have at least 5 hrs of sleep. Navy vet.

In game, I don't know, that's why I'm asking. All my prisoners are max sec, and I keep armed guards around with near Compleat suppression of all prisoners. I have noticed though that some prisoners have a good "concentration" score than others, even though they were suppressed as well.

Return to “General”