Prisoners not moving to cells and not moving to other rooms

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

MetalMiner66
level0

Prisoners not moving to cells and not moving to other rooms

Postby MetalMiner66 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 am

In my game I have recently gotten new prisoners and i'm trying to move them to their new cells but instead they stay in the holding cell. Also the prisoners that are in their cells do not move to the yard when the clock says yard or when the clock says shower and they don't move to the shower(this applies to everything but "eat" time). Please help as soon as possible! Thanks!
Kjammer
level1
level1

Re: Prisoners not moving to cells and not moving to other ro

Postby Kjammer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:03 am

It could be a number of reasons, we need more information. First make sure the cells are designated as cells from the rooms menu. A common mistake is when players drag the cell room across multiple cells thinking it sees all the individual cells. The game will instead think it's one big cell. make sure the number of cells in the upper right hand corner matches your expected value. Prisoners will only take a shower in rooms labeled as showers it's not enough to just build shower heads in a room.

Another reason could be because the areas you mentioned have been labeled as staff only in the deployment screen or meant for prisoners of a different class (normal prisoners can't enter min security areas for example).
MetalMiner66
level0

Postby MetalMiner66 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Kjammer wrote:It could be a number of reasons, we need more information. First make sure the cells are designated as cells from the rooms menu. A common mistake is when players drag the cell room across multiple cells thinking it sees all the individual cells. The game will instead think it's one big cell. make sure the number of cells in the upper right hand corner matches your expected value. Prisoners will only take a shower in rooms labeled as showers it's not enough to just build shower heads in a room.

Another reason could be because the areas you mentioned have been labeled as staff only in the deployment screen or meant for prisoners of a different class (normal prisoners can't enter min security areas for example).

I have done everything you have said. All the rooms are marked and still they don't respond. I can't give anymore details because this is all that is happening.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 pm

A .prison file or some screenshots of your prison would help.

xander
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Make sure all your cells have beds and functioning toilets in them as well.

If the shower heads and toilets are flashing with a little water symbol it means that those items aren't receiving the water supply they need to function.
timjuul
level1
level1

Postby timjuul » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Kjammer wrote:It could be a number of reasons, we need more information. First make sure the cells are designated as cells from the rooms menu. A common mistake is when players drag the cell room across multiple cells thinking it sees all the individual cells. The game will instead think it's one big cell. make sure the number of cells in the upper right hand corner matches your expected value. Prisoners will only take a shower in rooms labeled as showers it's not enough to just build shower heads in a room.

In my cells there they use the shower when they are on freetime or sleep, when it is shower time the they go to the ares where it says shower...so you are not totally correct...
MetalMiner66
level0

Postby MetalMiner66 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:51 pm

I fixed it! And stop saying to make sure I have all the requirements for rooms.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 pm

MetalMiner66 wrote:I fixed it! And stop saying to make sure I have all the requirements for rooms.

First off, I am glad that you managed to fix the problem. Can you let us know what it was? I ask because it is possible that other players will have the same problem, and knowing what the problem was and how to fix it would be useful for (a) those players that search the forum for a solution and (b) those of us who would like to help those that ask about the problem in the future. Basically, this gives us one more thing to put on our list of things that can be part of troubleshooting.

Second, if you don't want people to tell you to make sure that the requirements of your rooms are satisfied, it would be helpful if you could provide more information. You provided almost no information about your problem in the initial post, and generally failed to answer questions that were asked by people trying to help you. If you don't want to get the same advice over and over again, you have to give more details. As I said above, a .prison file or a couple of screenshots would have been useful, particularly if you saw no other details that you could convey in writing. Remember, more details mean better support. This may not be relevant to you right now (as you seem to have fixed your problem), but it is something to consider if you are ever after technical support in the future (either on this forum or anywhere else).

xander

Return to “General”