My workmen don't do anything!

Postby eeco123 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:01 am

Why wont my workmen do any jobs?
xander
level5
level5

Re: My workmen don't do anything!

Postby xander » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 am

I have no idea. Could you provide more information?

xander
eeco123
level0

Postby eeco123 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:48 am

I will assign gobs and they will stay queued indefinitely unless there related to trash collection
lerxst
level0

Postby lerxst » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:43 am

I have a similar problem I was going to post. Not sure if this would be a bug or I'm not quite doing something right, so feel free to move this if needed. This might also be what the OP was referring to. It's happened a couple times before but I got around it by cancelling/reassigning projects. This last time was the most disastrous though....

I built a million dollar super-max facility with one large prison block that I completed = 100+ cells. I needed to install 2 generators and made sure I set them up properly (so they didn't short circuit). As my first prisoners arrived, my workmen only had 10 blocks of wire left to install to connect the cell block to the power station. I left the game alone for a while and had some real-life work to do. A couple hours later I return and find 10% of my inmates murdered, 5 guards dead, 1 janitor dead, 1 doctor dead, damaged toilets flooding the halls, blood everywhere and a vast majority of my cell block shrouded in darkness (where the dead guards were posted). The biggest problem I had though was the black-out throughout my cell block - all my workmen were in perfect health, had a clear, unobstructed run to the delivery zone and the dirt lot my 2nd generator was built in but there were still 5 blocks of wire that were "queued". Two very long, very disastrous hours later and my workmen couldn't complete 5 freakin' blocks of wire!?

I went back, cancelled the project and restarted it. Again, nothing. The workers wandered aimlessly around the storage room, casually ignoring the job I just started. I went back again, this time dismantled some blocks of wire, they hopped right on that. I rebuilt the circuit to take a different route and again, with just a few blocks left to build, they all just decided to take a forever-lunch break and refused to complete the construction.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:04 am

always check jobs tab, it might tell you the issue, I would guess the workman simply have no route to a tile where they need to place a wire, like X-wall are dangerous, I always try to avoid any X.

Code: Select all

W
WWXWW
  W
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:07 pm

eeco123 wrote:I will assign gobs and they will stay queued indefinitely unless there related to trash collection

Some screenshots would help, or a copy of your prison file. If you provide screenshots, it would help most if you could show the job queue in one of them, and the area where you expect the workers to be working in another. If the workers are doing anything odd, that would nice to see, as well.

xander
Scorpy_CFS
level1
level1

Postby Scorpy_CFS » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:54 am

Ahhhh yes, I think I got to the bottom of this the other day. The trick is running out of delivery room. Remember if you cancel something, it doesn't stop it from being bought, it only stops it from being placed. So I ended up reloading about a dozen times until I realised that my delivery room was full of lights that were not going to be placed. This prevented things like bricks etc being unloaded.

Trouble shooting I went through;
-Dump unnecessary items in delivery area.
-Build a temp storage or delivery area. (This will cause some priority items to spontaneously appear that the workmen need such as bricks)
-Dump objects/items on trucks holding up priority items. (you will have to rebuy them) Priority items include in particular walls as workmen will want to build first and place items second.

Good luck.
Oreo45453
level0

Postby Oreo45453 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:06 pm

My workmen do the same and its annoying
http://prntscr.com/fl8ccj
There's a screenshot
They just stand there doing nothing
All I want them to do is put a cable down and that's it
so i can keep working on my prison.
Here's the jobs list
And no none of them are moving anywhere.... http://prntscr.com/fl8deq
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 am

Workmen don't plant trees in the forestry, the icon shown in the job list is misleading. Hire some gardeners, they will do that and clear your storage/delivery area in the process, so your workmen can continue doing their jobs.

Return to “General”