Prison Architect: Global Financial Crisis Mod v1.04 Alpha 16

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:53 am

When I read about this mod I didn't care much for it. Liked the game the way it was. Yesterday I decided to give it a try anyway... it's here to stay :D
Good job!
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Starts off hard due to low finances but after a few days gets easier.

I played medium sec, Fog of war, non continuous intake but never stopped it. (8-16 prisoners a day).
Also built a 57 sleeper holding cell, rather than wasting money i couldnt afford on individual cells.

Grants done that i can remember:
admin offices
medical
detention centre
cellblock A & B
security upgrade
prison labor

i recon by day 28-32 i should have 100 cells but i could have them before or just after depends if i hire some workmen, as i said before be more interesting with riots due to no laundry, and defiantly max sec next time i play. I might even change some rewards to make it that bit harder as i think some the rewards are too high.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 am

This is an interesting approach and it's one I recall someone trying a few versions ago. They did the maths and worked out they had saved $30,000-$40,000 using a large holding cell.
That said, when balancing the mod I took into account the cost of providing complete cells for each of your prisoners, so without the cost of those cells I'm not too surprised you're finding things a bit easy...

If you get the chance I'd be keen to know how you go playing again, only this time with individual cells for your prisoners. ;)
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Yes i saw someone used this technique after i said, think its page 9 on the dev forum going from memory.

Way i look at it is i need an economy fast so prisoners can share a join cell till there is enough money in the pot to move them to individual cells this is what happens anyway when money and materials are tight or there is overcrowding people have to share.

If i play again i might try it on Alpha 10 (laundry riots) and i may use max sec using the same technique as i have here, from there i might try the individual technique from the start, but its going to be hard like you planned without the funding up front till you get to the grants that pay over 10k for completion.

Like i said before i believe there would of been issues if riots were turned on, but i can not remember at what date they riot without clean clothing, anyway thanks again for the mod will defiantly try another game soon as i get chance get a A* for a good effort at a mod and im sure it will be even better when the game is more stable and complete.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 am

this is what happens anyway when money and materials are tight or there is overcrowding people have to share.

Yep, fair point. I'm all for making do. As I said before, it's more bending the rules than cheating.

I'm interested though in your thoughts on the later-stage grants. Specifically, are there any you think paid out too much and/or made the mod too easy?
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 am

Like you said paktsardines it might of been easy due to the way i played the mod, here are the stats from days 18, 23 and 28

Day 18
Bank $10,227
Cash $3,792
Staff 6/6
Prisoners 56/16
Cameras 0
Workshop 10 (5saw/5press)

Day 23 (i believe i checked grants i had completed but not taken so a nice cash boost!) - why i said it got easy can do quite abit with 30k!
Bank $31,539
Cash $5,340
Staff 6/7
Prisoners 80/35
Cameras 6/12
Workshop 18 (9saw/9press)

Day 28
Bank $14.755
Cash $4,504
Staff 5/10
Prisoners 83/101
Cameras 6/24
Workshop 20 (10saw/10press)
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:56 pm

Got to forty individual cells tonight going have another attempt just now with a cup of tea ;)

It is alot harder, plus im trying to do a speed run where its done quick which isn't helping :P
Will update this post with what happens back in an hour or two!
_____
Edit
Been two hours so im off bed, thats one restart then getting to day 7 with 41 cells and 40 prisoners.
Only got an income of around 3k so kinda screwed at keeping them all in cells.. done the important grants taken one loan out too will check what there is to do when i load game up.

Got a pretty good technique, just a bad layout which obviously can not afford to fix, did notice a money saving tip that would of saved me a few k but im not using it and i dont think there is much yu can do to sort it would need to be done Chris side i think its somthing that we all know about tbh something i would like patche too ;P
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:30 am

Wow, that's pretty awesome actually! 40 prisoners is no easy feat. The hardest parts are behind you and you're also _really_ close to the 50 prisoner bonus, which should give you a bit of breathing room. It does become a bit easier after 50 prisoners, but it can still go horribly wrong. ;)

Good luck!
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks paksardines, will look over things tomorrow.

Yes the 50 bonus is something im waiting for along with the labour bonus, there are two other things i can try like the land dump lease i think it was for 7k but that depends on the placement. And there is an investment fo 5k where you get 10k is it? i dunno i forget.

I take it you have already completed it then with minimal help?
If i do, do it i might try it again, will admit im still using med sec keep forgetting change it to max shoudl be a start up option -.- lol
Anyway thanks for the mod has been enjoyable figuring things out, i should read what others tried in the dev forum only scanned bits and bobs...

Day 17, 64/100 prioners/cells

Only advance i took was the Privatise loan which was 30k plus the all the others you would accept and get money at end surprised it didnt take longer than the holding cell way tbh in fact cut 10days off o.O

Time to take a break, blackcell tomorrow so i'll be busy with that.
oh also a suggestion, currently the victory condition is 100 prisoners, why not 100 prisoners and 100 cells with door? i have 100 lol
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:16 am

And there is an investment fo 5k where you get 10k is it? i dunno i forget.

Kind of... "Issue Small Dividend'... potentially you get 15k off a 5k investment, but no guarantee of when you'll get the money ;)

I take it you have already completed it then with minimal help?

Shamefully, not recently. :oops: I'm on my third 1.00 playthrough, but I'm up to my neck in it because I bought an extra few phone booths (again) and was then forced to take out a medium loan (it was better value for money than the small loan offered), 'cept the loan sharks will be beating down my door in a few hours.

also a suggestion, currently the victory condition is 100 prisoners, why not 100 prisoners and 100 cells with door?

That is an excellent idea! Definitely going in the next release.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:42 am

Np mate, you could even add it to the performance boost or the detention centre b grant if its not on there i can not remember. Will have to try and do cells without a grant/loan but im not sure its possible with the little amount of money you get.

Anyway good luck with your game. =)
Mrboss14
level0

Postby Mrboss14 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm

How do I work the mod I installed it and on the postit note thing it says GFC But then theres nothing else. Any help please! Thanks
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Mrboss14 wrote:How do I work the mod I installed it and on the postit note thing it says GFC But then theres nothing else. Any help please! Thanks

If on the postit it says GFC then the mod should be installed.
Your grants should of changed and the prices of items for the mod should of changed too.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Any help please! Thanks

Thanks Xoligy. Just wanted to add that it's a good idea to start a new game once you've installed the mod, rather than trying to play the mod with a non-mod save game.
Holyshrine
level1
level1

Postby Holyshrine » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 am

Found an issue and am banging my head with a "feature" :p

issue: The Outsourcing grant told me to build a canteen (was in the same place as my existing canteen), a security office (middle of my cell block.. reassigned room and fitted with objects so it was recognised) and an Infirmary. The infirmary I just could not get to be recognized by the grant although i had it built in the correct spot and it was equipped like it should be... in the end i gave up and changed the Grant status to "Completed" and gave myself my deserved 30k from that in the savegame file ;-)

Headbanging: The Share Market: Diversify your assets - thats just... stupid :p

I have prisoners, visitors, all types of staff - no % on 2 of the 3 objectives. I've build all types of floor things, all objects, anything it could be, yet - no % on 2 of the 3 objectives. Not while cooking, not while building a foundation, not while doing laundery....

HEEEELP!

GFCSEED = 1377448715

Thanks ;-)

Return to “General”